Greetings from England

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Greetings from England
(27-08-2016 02:46 PM)marinesky Wrote:  That's great! I live in Manchester myself! Smile

On purpose?!?

Just kidding. Welcome to TTA.

And hey, at least it's not Liverpool, amiright?

Greetings from one of your upstart former colonies. Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Welcome from across the pond!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
27-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Welcome to TTA.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Welcome.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
28-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
28-08-2016, 01:26 AM
(27-08-2016 05:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 02:46 PM)marinesky Wrote:  That's great! I live in Manchester myself! Smile

On purpose?!?

Manchester is not so bad haha. Not all of us can afford the luxury of London.
[+] 1 user Likes marinesky's post
28-08-2016, 04:50 AM
(28-08-2016 01:26 AM)marinesky Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 05:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  On purpose?!?

Manchester is not so bad haha. Not all of us can afford the luxury of London.
I buy a book a week from a local 2nd hand bookshop, £2 - £5 price range usually. Bought one on Manchester for the pictures mainly, titled "Manchester: Looking for the Light through the Pouring Rain" by Kevin Cummings.

Mainly about the music scene in the 60s - 80s. Music is not really my scene but the book is well put together and the photos are great.

Few of them feature wet weather.

Got a thing about books of photos and ones on design. And art. And archaeology. And evolution. And . . . Oh, whatever Geoff has in his shop that takes my interest!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
28-08-2016, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2016 09:21 AM by adey67.)
Welcome fellow Brit my family hails from Bury I used to love the market black pudding and black peas smothered in vinegar and pepper.... Mmm Big Grin
12-09-2016, 05:16 PM
(27-08-2016 02:08 PM)marinesky Wrote:  Hello everyone! My name is Gerda, I'm 28 years old and I've been an atheist for about two years. I was indoctrinated to the Christian church as an infant and stayed there until my early twenties when I started attending a university in another city. Having more personal freedom as well as really bad personal experiences with other Christians eventually drove me away from the church. It wasn't til I discovered The Friendly Atheist and of course The Thinking Atheist that I really started to get into atheism, and it has liberated me greatly. I'm excited to talk to fellow atheists about anything really, and am really passionate about atheism in general.

Yes. I also live in England which for an atheist like me is very difficult to live in. Any saturday night on an english city street you see nothing but christian holyiness all over the place and not a drop of alcohol in sight. I want to move to a country where you can hit up a nightclub and get drunk, pull a bird and have a shag but OHH no not in holy christian England!

and by day, it's nothing but christian mobs all over the place and you go shopping and the city centre is thronged with Christians all over the place.

I am so happy I a an atheist to stand up against this oppressive christian culture of england!
12-09-2016, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 11:30 PM by kim.)
(12-09-2016 05:16 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 02:08 PM)marinesky Wrote:  Hello everyone! My name is Gerda, I'm 28 years old and I've been an atheist for about two years. I was indoctrinated to the Christian church as an infant and stayed there until my early twenties when I started attending a university in another city. Having more personal freedom as well as really bad personal experiences with other Christians eventually drove me away from the church. It wasn't til I discovered The Friendly Atheist and of course The Thinking Atheist that I really started to get into atheism, and it has liberated me greatly. I'm excited to talk to fellow atheists about anything really, and am really passionate about atheism in general.

Yes. I also live in England which for an atheist like me is very difficult to live in. Any saturday night on an english city street you see nothing but christian holyiness all over the place and not a drop of alcohol in sight. I want to move to a country where you can hit up a nightclub and get drunk, pull a bird and have a shag but OHH no not in holy christian England!

and by day, it's nothing but christian mobs all over the place and you go shopping and the city centre is thronged with Christians all over the place.

I am so happy I a an atheist to stand up against this oppressive christian culture of england!

Gerda - glad to have you here. Watch your step - there are droppings this poser troll has left. It will be dealt with. Dodgy

We're a global bunch so you'll get quite a few perspectives in discussion. Feel free to dive right in.

Again, welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post