Greetings from England

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: Greetings from England
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 01:24 AM
Welcome from from Scrumpy and Cheese land (aka the Westcountry).

And I have no idea what part of England "ScientificTruth321" lives in, as I've never encountered a city anywhere in the country where "christian holyness" is on display and as for alcohol, most of the inhabitants appear to be rat-arsed (that's drunk for those not familiar with the terminology) every Saturday night..........and quite a few other nights too.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
13-09-2016, 01:40 AM
(12-09-2016 05:16 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 02:08 PM)marinesky Wrote:  Hello everyone! My name is Gerda, I'm 28 years old and I've been an atheist for about two years. I was indoctrinated to the Christian church as an infant and stayed there until my early twenties when I started attending a university in another city. Having more personal freedom as well as really bad personal experiences with other Christians eventually drove me away from the church. It wasn't til I discovered The Friendly Atheist and of course The Thinking Atheist that I really started to get into atheism, and it has liberated me greatly. I'm excited to talk to fellow atheists about anything really, and am really passionate about atheism in general.

Yes. I also live in England which for an atheist like me is very difficult to live in. Any saturday night on an english city street you see nothing but christian holyiness all over the place and not a drop of alcohol in sight. I want to move to a country where you can hit up a nightclub and get drunk, pull a bird and have a shag but OHH no not in holy christian England!

and by day, it's nothing but christian mobs all over the place and you go shopping and the city centre is thronged with Christians all over the place.

I am so happy I a an atheist to stand up against this oppressive christian culture of england!

Blimey, ST, glad I live in drunken, sinful old Gloucester where even the cathedral supports films about magic and hosts art exhibitions featuring naked people and angels with naughty bits.

Or are you just being a tad sarcastic?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
13-09-2016, 02:14 AM
(13-09-2016 01:40 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 05:16 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Yes. I also live in England which for an atheist like me is very difficult to live in. Any saturday night on an english city street you see nothing but christian holyiness all over the place and not a drop of alcohol in sight. I want to move to a country where you can hit up a nightclub and get drunk, pull a bird and have a shag but OHH no not in holy christian England!

and by day, it's nothing but christian mobs all over the place and you go shopping and the city centre is thronged with Christians all over the place.

I am so happy I a an atheist to stand up against this oppressive christian culture of england!

Blimey, ST, glad I live in drunken, sinful old Gloucester where even the cathedral supports films about magic and hosts art exhibitions featuring naked people and angels with naughty bits.

Hi Gerda,

Welcome to TTA. Thumbsup This is a nice easy place to be.

Guys,

By coincidence I was actually in Gloucester the other day. I met an Asian guy in a pub who said that 'You don't get in a fight in Gloucester unless you look for it'.

I think religion is like that here in England. If we don't look for it, there isn't much to worry about. Doorstep visits from the JWs are rare enough.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
13-09-2016, 02:21 AM
(12-09-2016 05:16 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(27-08-2016 02:08 PM)marinesky Wrote:  Hello everyone! My name is Gerda, I'm 28 years old and I've been an atheist for about two years. I was indoctrinated to the Christian church as an infant and stayed there until my early twenties when I started attending a university in another city. Having more personal freedom as well as really bad personal experiences with other Christians eventually drove me away from the church. It wasn't til I discovered The Friendly Atheist and of course The Thinking Atheist that I really started to get into atheism, and it has liberated me greatly. I'm excited to talk to fellow atheists about anything really, and am really passionate about atheism in general.

Yes. I also live in England which for an atheist like me is very difficult to live in. Any saturday night on an english city street you see nothing but christian holyiness all over the place and not a drop of alcohol in sight. I want to move to a country where you can hit up a nightclub and get drunk, pull a bird and have a shag but OHH no not in holy christian England!

This has to be a joke right ? Big Grin
13-09-2016, 02:33 AM
(13-09-2016 02:14 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 01:40 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Blimey, ST, glad I live in drunken, sinful old Gloucester where even the cathedral supports films about magic and hosts art exhibitions featuring naked people and angels with naughty bits.

Hi Gerda,

Welcome to TTA. Thumbsup This is a nice easy place to be.

Guys,

By coincidence I was actually in Gloucester the other day. I met an Asian guy in a pub who said that 'You don't get in a fight in Gloucester unless you look for it'.

I think religion is like that here in England. If we don't look for it, there isn't much to worry about. Doorstep visits from the JWs are rare enough.

D.
That's Gloucester, fairly peacefully cosmopolitan. There was a bit of a rumpus back when the rest of the nation's youngsters seemed to be rioting as well but, otherwise, we just get on with life.

These who wish to get drunk at the weekends do so, those who think that is a sin stay home and watch telly or entertain friends.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
13-09-2016, 05:26 AM
(13-09-2016 02:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 05:16 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Yes. I also live in England which for an atheist like me is very difficult to live in. Any saturday night on an english city street you see nothing but christian holyiness all over the place and not a drop of alcohol in sight. I want to move to a country where you can hit up a nightclub and get drunk, pull a bird and have a shag but OHH no not in holy christian England!

This has to be a joke right ? Big Grin

Yeah but I did once wander into a church and felt deeply oppressed by a handful of elderly people lighting candles so I became atheist from the shock of it.
13-09-2016, 05:29 AM
(12-09-2016 11:26 PM)kim Wrote:  

Gerda - glad to have you here. Watch your step - there are droppings this poser troll has left. It will be dealt with. Dodgy

We're a global bunch so you'll get quite a few perspectives in discussion. Feel free to dive right in.

Again, welcome to the forum. Smile

What? You have no idea how oppressed us atheists are in England. I walk outside and go to the park and there are lots of young people praying and shoving their religion all on top of the atheists and it's brutal oppression here right now.
13-09-2016, 05:31 AM
(13-09-2016 01:24 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  Welcome from from Scrumpy and Cheese land (aka the Westcountry).

And I have no idea what part of England "ScientificTruth321" lives in, as I've never encountered a city anywhere in the country where "christian holyness" is on display and as for alcohol, most of the inhabitants appear to be rat-arsed (that's drunk for those not familiar with the terminology) every Saturday night..........and quite a few other nights too.

It's Leeds dude. You go out on a saturday night it's full of religious people in night clubs praying and taking drink off people . So oppressed to be an atheist in England you know? We must stick together!
13-09-2016, 06:07 AM
(13-09-2016 05:26 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 02:21 AM)adey67 Wrote:  This has to be a joke right ? Big Grin

Yeah but I did once wander into a church and felt deeply oppressed by a handful of elderly people lighting candles so I became atheist from the shock of it.

Laugh out load I like your sense of humour welcome to TTA mate