Greetings from Oregon!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2017, 12:09 AM
Greetings from Oregon!
Hello everyone! Yarnie2015 reporting from the currently smokey, in more than one way Laugh out load, Southern Oregon.

I have been an atheist since 2012 but still have the "am I getting this wrong?" fight. My partner is also atheist, so that helps as well. He is awesome.

I was baptized Methodist when I was a baby. We changed churches a few times. Baptist, Assembly of God, non-denominational. We even went to a Jehovah's Witness service once. I remember asking "If you don't have windows, how would God's glory shine in his own house?" We never went back thankfully cause this girl likes her birthday parties.

I did not start questioning my faith until I was 17. I was also fighting with my sexuality at the time. I was attracted to both men and women and I had NO clue how to address it. My family knew before I even came out of closet #1 Dodgy . My family did not expect a closet #2 and pretty much got this look: Shocking when I came out as atheist. They accepted it and we all moved on with our lives.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

"What sort of God would promise us a land like this?" - Zensunni lament
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Yarnie2015's post
14-08-2017, 02:02 AM
Greetings from Oregon!
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
14-08-2017, 02:07 AM
RE: Greetings from Oregon!
(14-08-2017 02:02 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Welcome.

Thank you Smile

14-08-2017, 04:16 AM
Welcome. We hope you enjoy the discussions.
14-08-2017, 05:11 AM
Welcome Smile

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
14-08-2017, 05:15 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
14-08-2017, 08:05 AM
Welcome!
14-08-2017, 08:09 AM
Welcome! You have a cool family!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-08-2017, 09:31 AM
Sounds like your family are potential converts to "the dark side." All that religion-switching speaks to an underlying suspicion (just my theory) that nobody has the religious truth, therefore it may not be true at all. Are they more like cultural Christians or do they seem like true believers? And hello!
14-08-2017, 10:26 AM
(14-08-2017 09:31 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Sounds like your family are potential converts to "the dark side." All that religion-switching speaks to an underlying suspicion (just my theory) that nobody has the religious truth, therefore it may not be true at all. Are they more like cultural Christians or do they seem like true believers? And hello!

My second stepdad is an atheist as well. He thought he would catch fire when my mom dragged him to an Easter Sunday service one year. My mom and sister don't attend church anymore but still hold on to their faith as the armchair Christians do. My sister still has not baptised her son but since she do not belong to a specific church. Also, the kid was born out of wedlock.