Greetings from SOKY

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Greetings from SOKY
Hello All,

Just joined the forum and wanted to say a few words about myself. The short version is that I am a married father of four, and I am in my forties.

The longer version includes the fact that I have been an atheist since my late teens, but prior to realizing I did not believe had a lot of trouble buying into religion.

I also write and occasionally blog about life, games, and assorted minutiae.

Finding atheists in southern Kentucky is no easy task. I know a few, but in my current circumstances it is not prudent to blatantly advertise my lack of belief. For one thing, this is an area where the second question people ask after, "What do you do?" is, "Where do you go to church?" I own up to my lack of beliefs if asked directly, but I don't open conversations with it.

I'm not usually a very social person, but I am looking forward to interacting with folks here.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: Greetings from SOKY
Welcome to TTA Forums! Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
28-10-2014, 05:50 PM
And a good day to you, sir. Welcome to the madhouse!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
28-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
28-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Welcome!

You've come to the right place.

[Image: ScreenShot2014-10-28at64443PM_zps09e1e458.png]
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
29-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Welcome aboard. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume