Greetings from Scotland

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Greetings from Scotland
Hi all

I'm Mikael from Scotland.
My story is a long one so I'll just present the basics haha!

I was raised in a Catholic home but never felt any connection to god. During Secondary School I was given a copy of the new testament and for some reason told to read the book of revelation. Needless to say, I was so terrified by what I'd read that I said the sinners prayer and "gave my heart to the Lord".

I wandered away from religion during my late teens and was a drummer in a fairly successful death metal band until (for various reasons) I became homeless.
I started going to a soup kitchen where you had to sit through a sermon before you could eat.

Anyway, long story short, I rejoined the faith, became a Pentecostal and went to Bible college but still I never really felt like god was listening.

I left the college because of my doubts and went back to music. I have depression and anxiety problems so talking to people was not always easy.

My partner is an atheist and she gave me the courage to question my beliefs without judging me for being a christian, I'm happy to report that for the last few months I have come to the realisation that god does not exist. I feel better for that knowledge.

Well, thanks for letting me vent, i hope to get to know you all better.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ExtremityRetained's post
23-07-2017, 07:30 AM
RE: Greetings from Scotland
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-07-2017, 07:31 AM
hi there!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
23-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
23-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Hello! Big Grin
23-07-2017, 09:43 AM
Welcome! I hope you like it here as much as I do!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
23-07-2017, 10:35 AM
(23-07-2017 07:21 AM)ExtremityRetained Wrote:  Hi all

I'm Mikael from Scotland.
My story is a long one so I'll just present the basics haha!

I was raised in a Catholic home but never felt any connection to god. During Secondary School I was given a copy of the new testament and for some reason told to read the book of revelation. Needless to say, I was so terrified by what I'd read that I said the sinners prayer and "gave my heart to the Lord".

I wandered away from religion during my late teens and was a drummer in a fairly successful death metal band until (for various reasons) I became homeless.
I started going to a soup kitchen where you had to sit through a sermon before you could eat.

Anyway, long story short, I rejoined the faith, became a Pentecostal and went to Bible college but still I never really felt like god was listening.

I left the college because of my doubts and went back to music. I have depression and anxiety problems so talking to people was not always easy.

My partner is an atheist and she gave me the courage to question my beliefs without judging me for being a christian, I'm happy to report that for the last few months I have come to the realisation that god does not exist. I feel better for that knowledge.

Well, thanks for letting me vent, i hope to get to know you all better.

Hi Mikael,

How long have you been living in Scotland? Pishy weather we're having this weekend.
23-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Hi Mathilda

Been here my whole life. Born in Glasgow and moved to Dundee 4 years ago.
23-07-2017, 03:34 PM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Howzitgaun neebur?

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse