Greetings from an ex Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: Greetings from an ex Christian
(20-09-2015 06:09 PM)cactus Wrote:  That one kid is just sitting the fuck down with his arms crossed the whole time. Yeah, that's my kind of guy right there Thumbsup

Well spotted!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-09-2015, 06:30 PM
(20-09-2015 02:14 PM)Neo Wrote:  Hi Everyone Smile

I am new I don't know if there are ex Christians like me here, if there are I would love to hear from you. I was a devout evangelical for nearly 20 years. Looking back now I couldn't believe how I could be so blind for so long. I think Rusty from True Detective nailed it that "religion is a language virus that rewrites pathways in the brain, dulls critical thinking.”

For me the exodus from Christianity was an easy one logistically, once I started allowing myself a little bit critical thinking Huh, then one thing led to another the whole belief system came crumbling down very quickly. It is the most liberating experience for the mind. But emotionally it's very difficult, almost traumatic. I don't even know where to begin but I lost all my friends except one, and freaked out a few family members, too. It has been about 2 years since I came out of religion and I have overcome some of the fallout, but at times I still feel isolated and lonely. I hope to find support and fellowship from like minded people. Thanks!

Although never a xian, I bid you welcome.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-09-2015, 07:27 PM
(20-09-2015 06:02 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Welcome.

Which one were you?

Hahaha, I can laugh at that now. I went through many denominations including the charismatic church. it was literally crazier than that, sometimes very freaky when they performed "casting out the demons in jesus name". They put so much fear in me, a god that would fry people for eternity is infinitely scarier than anything else. My last stop there was with a universal salvation group. They still believed in g-d and the bible but thanks to them I realized there is no such a thing as hell. Once the fear was removed reason and logic returned and the rest is history.

This is me now. Thanks everyone for your warm welcome and it is nice to meet you. I have many many questions post religion I hope to learn more from you guys.

[+] 2 users Like Neo's post
20-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Hello there, I am also an Ex-Christian, and now a Free Thinker, and welcome. Big Grin
21-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Quote:"casting out the demons in jesus name".

Yeah...I bet that was a great show!

They are great with putting on shows.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
23-09-2015, 02:36 PM
Another ex Christian here, and I grew up in a small town in Texas. Fortunately my parents did their best to protect me from the healing prayer and deliverance crap but I was inevitably exposed to some of it.
23-09-2015, 03:03 PM
(21-09-2015 01:53 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:"casting out the demons in jesus name".

Yeah...I bet that was a great show!

They are great with putting on shows.

I drove a lady to a Benny Hinn event years ago. She had health problems, came all the way from TX seeking healing from the "prophet". It was at the Arrowhead Pond now Honda Center. the place was packed to the brim, those guys certainly know how to put on a show. No lack of sincerity in the rank and file though
23-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Welcome Neo.

[Image: ica10.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
23-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Welcome! Ex-Christian of 20 years also. There are tons of us here! It's amazing what happens when you decide to critically examine your own beliefs

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Glad you’re here Neo.

Ex-Catholic

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce