Greetings from an ex orthodox christian!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Heart Greetings from an ex orthodox christian!
Hello everyone, I'm 18 years old and it has been a year since I fully stopped believing in god. It's my first time on an atheist forum, hope it's interesting here Smile I discovered TTA about a year ago. Love all the videos and podcasts.

I'm pretty much of a closet atheist, since I live in a pretty religious country where the majority of people are Christians and you can't really expect an adequate reaction to your lack of belief in god. It's mostly bs, like: atheists worship satan1!! and shit like that. Big Grin

Well, that's all for introduction Smile Sorry for grammar mistakes if there are any, English is not my first language.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Nebulæ's post
28-10-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: Greetings from an ex orthodox christian!
Welcome from another ex orthodox Christian (though I pretty much had my own version of it all, only picking what made sense to me... which was slowly dwindling until I realised none of it made any sense. And I lived happily ever after. Wink)

Enjoy your stay Smile

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
28-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Hello!

You stopped believing about 20 years before I did. I have to admit that I'm a little jealous. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
28-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the forum! Your English is just fine; probably better than mine, most days. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
28-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Welcome orthodox friend

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
29-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks everyone Smile Heart
29-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the forum ! where are you from ?
29-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Welcome!

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
29-10-2013, 01:46 PM
(28-10-2013 06:17 PM)Nebulæ Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm 18 years old and it has been a year since I fully stopped believing in god. It's my first time on an atheist forum, hope it's interesting here Smile I discovered TTA about a year ago. Love all the videos and podcasts.

I'm pretty much of a closet atheist, since I live in a pretty religious country where the majority of people are Christians and you can't really expect an adequate reaction to your lack of belief in god. It's mostly bs, like: atheists worship satan1!! and shit like that. Big Grin

Well, that's all for introduction Smile Sorry for grammar mistakes if there are any, English is not my first language.

Which orthodoxy? (Note that that is a telling question. Why are there multiple orthodoxies?)

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user