Greetings from an ex orthodox christian!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2013, 04:56 AM
RE: Greetings from an ex orthodox christian!
Orthodoxy - what happens when a bunch of prostitutes set up a standards committee...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2013, 06:23 AM
(30-10-2013 03:58 AM)Nebulæ Wrote:  Thanks. I'm from Georgia

Wow, that's cool! Never met anyone from Georgia (only Armenians. So I've heard some of the jokes Wink).

Also, my mum loves those:

[Image: rustaviprince350.gif]

Welcome again Smile

(30-10-2013 04:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Orthodoxy - what happens when a bunch of prostitutes set up a standards committee...

Come again?! Huh (Pun not intended!)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
30-10-2013, 08:00 AM
(30-10-2013 06:23 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 03:58 AM)Nebulæ Wrote:  Thanks. I'm from Georgia

Wow, that's cool! Never met anyone from Georgia (only Armenians. So I've heard some of the jokes Wink).

Also, my mum loves those:

[Image: rustaviprince350.gif]

Welcome again Smile

Really? well that's not surprising though. There are not too much atheists here either.
Thank you Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Nebulæ's post
30-10-2013, 09:18 AM
(30-10-2013 06:23 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 04:56 AM)morondog Wrote:  Orthodoxy - what happens when a bunch of prostitutes set up a standards committee...

Come again?! Huh (Pun not intended!)

It's... kinda obscure Tongue Doxy is another word for prostitute... 'cos you can never have enough synonyms for prostitute.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-10-2013, 09:32 AM
(28-10-2013 06:17 PM)Nebulæ Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm 18 years old and it has been a year since I fully stopped believing in god. It's my first time on an atheist forum, hope it's interesting here Smile I discovered TTA about a year ago. Love all the videos and podcasts.

I'm pretty much of a closet atheist, since I live in a pretty religious country where the majority of people are Christians and you can't really expect an adequate reaction to your lack of belief in god. It's mostly bs, like: atheists worship satan1!! and shit like that. Big Grin

Well, that's all for introduction Smile Sorry for grammar mistakes if there are any, English is not my first language.

And yet another welcome from an ex-orthodoxer (just read my screen name - that should cover it).
I envy you your youth; I did not move to a complete rejection of god until late in life. But the fact that I made the decision - I think - is more important than when. As I am now far closer to the end than the beginning, I can only wish you well and assure you that you are indeed correct.
Strengthen your "belief"....read as much as you can. If arguements with friends ensue, learn from them as much as you can, but hold your ground proudly for your stance is for reason, fact, and and thought. There are no finer virtues

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
30-10-2013, 09:34 AM
(30-10-2013 09:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  'cos you can never have enough synonyms money for prostitutes.

Fixt.

And in my line of work I need synonyms for their parts, not the whole.

Anyway, I refuse to go there anymore. Being a minority, even a minority of one, doesn't make me insane (Orwell). Just very very bored....

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
31-10-2013, 07:36 AM
(30-10-2013 09:32 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  
(28-10-2013 06:17 PM)Nebulæ Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm 18 years old and it has been a year since I fully stopped believing in god. It's my first time on an atheist forum, hope it's interesting here Smile I discovered TTA about a year ago. Love all the videos and podcasts.

I'm pretty much of a closet atheist, since I live in a pretty religious country where the majority of people are Christians and you can't really expect an adequate reaction to your lack of belief in god. It's mostly bs, like: atheists worship satan1!! and shit like that. Big Grin

Well, that's all for introduction Smile Sorry for grammar mistakes if there are any, English is not my first language.

And yet another welcome from an ex-orthodoxer (just read my screen name - that should cover it).
I envy you your youth; I did not move to a complete rejection of god until late in life. But the fact that I made the decision - I think - is more important than when. As I am now far closer to the end than the beginning, I can only wish you well and assure you that you are indeed correct.
Strengthen your "belief"....read as much as you can. If arguements with friends ensue, learn from them as much as you can, but hold your ground proudly for your stance is for reason, fact, and and thought. There are no finer virtues

Thank you. Indeed what matters is that you made decision, rather than when you made it. Though I'm glad that I stopped believing earlier than some other atheists. Now I view things completely differently.
Unfortunately I don't have atheist friends, atheism is a rare thing here. So I joined this forum to have discussions and learn more than I already know.
[+] 1 user Likes Nebulæ's post
31-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Well we can certainly help you with the finer points of swearing in English... not sure how much other intellectual stuff Tongue

Welcome to the forum by the way, I didn't greet you earlier.

31-10-2013, 01:43 PM
(31-10-2013 08:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well we can certainly help you with the finer points of swearing in English... not sure how much other intellectual stuff Tongue

Welcome to the forum by the way, I didn't greet you earlier.

Thank you anyways Big Grin
02-11-2013, 10:52 AM
To help Nebulæ because he haven't atheist friends in real life. I have an idea I share with you and him a link that I know.

Ex-christians.net is a forum dedicated to ex-Christians.