Greetings from bible belt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: Greetings from bible belt
Welcome!

I'm a laid-back, Texas-resident, church-going (ish) scientist who can't believe in things, so if you ever want to chat, feel free to message me!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the forum.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
10-04-2017, 03:03 PM
Thank Dog for relaxed parents, eh?

I think I would have ended up institutionalized if I had religious parents.

Although ... my father managed (*sigh*) to get lured into Catholicism due to his wife (my step-mother) and now he's a complete moron about it.

Back when 9/11 conspiracies were all the rage, he actually believed that famous photo of a "devil face" in the flames of the tower really was Satan.

I'm just glad I was in between bites of food when he said that or someone would've had to pull the Heimlich Maneuver on me. I lost a lot of respect for him that day, being so fucking stupid and gullible. Still angers me to this day that he was duped.

"If my God exists, then the laws in the Bible should apply to everyone. I am certain my God exists, so ..." -- words of a theocratic fascist justifying theocratic fascism.
[+] 1 user Likes Shirina's post
13-04-2017, 01:55 PM
I live in the north east but still am reluctant to openly express my atheism simply because I just don't know how it would be received.

In any case welcome to the forum.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
14-04-2017, 04:57 PM
(10-04-2017 01:37 PM)kmc Wrote:  Welcome!

I'm a laid-back, Texas-resident, church-going (ish) scientist who can't believe in things, so if you ever want to chat, feel free to message me!

I'm replying to myself because I came here because of your sn, then realized I'd already liked and even replied to your post but apparently didn't even glance at your sn.

Anyway, I was stationed in San Angelo for 19 months (and you can believe I counted each one) back in '04-'05. I get you.
28-04-2017, 06:03 PM
I totally understand where your coming from! Glad we have somewhere to connect!