Greetings from morocco ..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Greetings from morocco ..
err hi there everyone ..

my name is Lamya and i'm a graphic artist ,born and living in morocco ,north africa .. i have to say i grew up between an atheist millitary doctor dad (who saw too many tragedies in his life to believe) and a mom mildly religious who turned kind of bigot after his death .. yes you can imagine how our meetings go .. the whole "what did i do to god to have a daughter going straight to hell ? " question gets kind of annoying ,after the 15 first times ..

i always was too logical for religious crap .. ever since i was a kid ,i had fights with all my religious teacher (religion is mandatory from elementary till high school ,here ) . intolerance and recursive thinking from those people made me go into science (even if my calling was more artistic) and become a huge astronomy addict .. but here ,it's kind of hard to be atheist or agnostic publicly (very religious country ).. so i'm in the atheist closet for fear of consequences ç_ç

sorry if i'm a coward -__- .. and sorry for my shaky english , i'm a native french/arabic speaker ..i hope this forum will be my oasis in the desert as religious pressure is getting annoying these days ..

i'm very happy to be one of you ^__^
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2011, 09:25 AM
RE: Greetings from morocco ..
Wellcome aboard! Isn't 99% of Morocco muslim and 1% Christian? That makes you quite a minority. :F

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
15-04-2011, 02:20 PM
thank you for your welcome ^___^ .. and the funny thing is i'm not even in the minority (christians and jews) .. was born to the muslim 90% .. so i'm an atheist minority in the majority Tongue
15-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Welcome Maerie. Good to have you on board. Most of the people on this forum are from predominantly Christian nations. I'm sure it will be interesting to have someone with us with a different perspective of things. Smile

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
16-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Aha! Yet another nationality to add to our plot of world domination. Smile

Welcome.
Your point of view will be interesting to broaden our perspective!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
18-04-2011, 02:17 AM
merci everyone <3 it really feels great to be here

and i call dibs on polynesia , should we manage to conquer the world .
18-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Dylan Morans words come to mind. "I'll just have from where your standing, to the horizon."

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
[+] 1 user Likes Norseman's post
18-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Hey there! Welcome to the forum!

Greetings from Mexico Big Grin. Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-08-2011, 03:32 AM

(15-04-2011 04:47 AM)maerie Wrote:  i always was too logical for religious crap .. ever since i was a kid ,i had fights with all my religious teacher (religion is mandatory from elementary till high school ,here ) .
You mad!?... you mad!! You actually dare argue with your Uztaz/Mullah (whichever you call them)?

Anyway, welcome.
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2011, 07:33 AM
You're not the only non-muslim in Morocco, I am not muslim too. But the matter is that most of us cannot express that we are non-muslims, because if we did, we'll hear thousands of stuff from muslims.
Take my experience as example, I left Islam like 1.5 -> 2 years ago, and I didn't tell anybody, that was my way of thinking, so I kept it for myself. Until one day, one of my friends noticed my anti-islam ideas, then he started doubting, and I didn't find any reason to keep hiding. So, I just told him truth. And now I regret it awfully.
The sad fact is that even if Morocco recognizes the non-muslims rights, Moroccan muslims do not, and they'll always think that we are secondary.