Greetings.... you Heathens!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Greetings.... you Heathens!!
New atheist here still reprogramming myself. gradually fell from religion by open minded rational thinking (not bitterness toward god, I always though that to be mad at god you had to think he existed). Im blown away by my changed perception of atheists because I was always told by the church that atheists were close-minded heathens who just wanted to stay in sin and the exact opposite is true also. Most atheist that Im seeing online were once christians. there are a few lucky bastards who never fell into the trap Smile and Im jealous since my life is built around this hogwash. Ive had my eyes open and I bounce back and forth between sympathy and bitterness toward religion and religious people. I may know some of you from other forums. I came out once to my wife about 3 months ago and she was hurt but because it was such an abrupt shock it didnt stick as true. She thinks Im just in a slump spiritually. Im taking steps to not pray and brought up issues with god and the bible just to show with actions that i think its all stupid. Ive found a large support group of free thinkers on line and hopefully soon I can be a public voice for the cause of rational thinking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like roadrunner's post
11-04-2012, 08:04 AM
RE: Greetings.... you Heathens!!
Welcome!

Hope you like it here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Don't be so jealous of us atheists from birth. Many still had to go through all the things you did due to cultural expectations. I never believed in anything but I still got a good amount of baptist teaching forced on me. I personally had the difficulty of being forced into the baptist worldview while being opposed to it. I too had to re-evaluate how the world works, even though I never believed them.

Be glad you're happy with where you are, and enjoy each mall step. Some big steps may never come.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
11-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Hey Fool...you know, only fools say there is no god.
Glad to have you join our house of fools!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-04-2012, 10:24 AM
What's up man. It's good to see you here.
11-04-2012, 10:41 AM
Grats on your fall from grace! Welcome

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
11-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Welcome Smile
12-04-2012, 08:13 PM
(11-04-2012 07:47 AM)roadrunner Wrote:  New atheist here still reprogramming myself. gradually fell from religion by open minded rational thinking (not bitterness toward god, I always though that to be mad at god you had to think he existed). Im blown away by my changed perception of atheists because I was always told by the church that atheists were close-minded heathens who just wanted to stay in sin and the exact opposite is true also. Most atheist that Im seeing online were once christians. there are a few lucky bastards who never fell into the trap Smile and Im jealous since my life is built around this hogwash. Ive had my eyes open and I bounce back and forth between sympathy and bitterness toward religion and religious people. I may know some of you from other forums. I came out once to my wife about 3 months ago and she was hurt but because it was such an abrupt shock it didnt stick as true. She thinks Im just in a slump spiritually. Im taking steps to not pray and brought up issues with god and the bible just to show with actions that i think its all stupid. Ive found a large support group of free thinkers on line and hopefully soon I can be a public voice for the cause of rational thinking.
Hey Roadrunner, the Coyote's not after you anymore! I was never particularly religous myself. But still had some resentment issues. Now that it is smaller in my rear view mirror, the whole concept is preposterous to me. The millions of great minds lost, the incalculable fortune stolen. Worst of all the THOUSANDS of years of scientific advancement squandered. Those are the tradgedies. PLEASE find some people locally. I found my Heathens through Meetup.com. You could also try the Secular Student's Alliance. Rest assured we are all pulling for you. Though i'm not on the forum as much as I like, feel free to email me if you want to chat, and WELCOME!

Free at Last, Free at Last,
Great Me Almighty
I'm Free at Last!
[+] 1 user Likes Russell G.'s post
13-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Welcome to the forums!

If you are looking for local meetups, just remember when looking up 'heathens' you will come up with more than atheist groups. Polytheists such as the Asatru and Odinist groups also call themselves 'Heathens'.....LOL So there are 'heathens' and 'Heathens' out there, and they are very different groups.
26-05-2012, 11:01 AM
just to clarify for you guys. Im not exactly happily in my spot. Im what most would consider a closet atheist for now. I stopped believing a few months ago so Ive got a castle to dismantle brick by brick. Ive been xian all my life so I have a wife and I am was deeply involved with the church and I had dedicated my two young children to the church. Little by little Ive resigned from positions in church and now I am a just an attendee (no teaching, sound room, cleaning crew, etc.) I recently made the (what i now to to be common) mistake of thinking too much. Since my first post here I have put 3 family members in the know and I encourage rational thought with my kids (animals dont talk, he cant fly, thats not real, etc.). I planned to remain a closet atheist but it goes against everything i stand for so I had to say something. My biggest fear was to die and people thought I was a xian or to let someone think they were the only one who didnt believe so I drew a line in the sand and told my wife, sister, and brother in law. Its kind of a big deal because I have a very religious family. EVERYBODY is deep in the crap except dad who is next on my list to tell. Once my wife accepts what I am I can then be open. I think the only way for people to come out of religion is to know that they are not alone and I would makke a good voice for the cause I just need to have the respect for my family to let them digest it first before they get flooded with sympathy for having a demon son, husband, and friend. The only way to make the masses see religion for what it is is to let people know they are not alone and "god did it" is not a good answer. I remember the attitude towards clost atheist on the show so be easy on me. Im making progress.
[+] 1 user Likes roadrunner's post