Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Grief Without God Is A Challenge For Atheists
I found this article and wanted to share it with you:

Quote:Grief Without God Is A Challenge For Atheists

By Kimberly Winston
Religion News Service

BERKELEY, Calif. (RNS) When Rebecca Hensler's infant son died in 2009, she received numerous condolences from friends, colleagues and even total strangers she met online.

She knew their intentions were good, but their words weren't always helpful. And in the rawness of her grief, Hensler found some of them downright hurtful.

Hensler is an atheist, so when people described her three-month-old son Jude as being an angel, or part of God's plan, or "in a better place" than in his mother's arms, the pain sometimes overwhelmed her.

"(Atheists) don't think we are going to get to hold our children again," Hensler told a group of about 30 members of the East Bay Atheists, a monthly gathering of nontheists, where her descriptions of people's visions of her son as an angel drew a few gasps.

Full article at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/grief-without-god-challenge-atheists_n_1285359.html

As I said in another post, I think religions and gods were invented as answers to this natural process of life... death.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Grief Without God Is A Challenge For Atheists - KVron - 21-02-2012 11:12 PM