Grieving Fury

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Grieving Fury
I was poking around through some of my documents when I came upon something that I wrote some years ago. It was in the aftermath of a vicious breakup, and I was in a state of suicidal/murderous depression. In order to channel the turmoil within my mind into something less...destructive...I would crawl out of bed in the dead of night and type these short out-lashings into my computer. I found this one tonight, and I figured I'd share it here. It's somewhat philosophical, so I suppose this is the correct section for it. It's kind of weird listening to myself when I was in a completely different mindset.

"I find anger so much more comforting than grief. There is strength in anger. Anger puts up a fortified defense. Anger picks up its battle-axe and fights against its opposition. But grief…grief is without walls. Grief is alone and exposed. Grief is vulnerable. And when the cruel fires of opposition lick against its tender flesh, grief hurts so much more. But in the end...do they not reinforce one another? Is anger not a direct result of grief? Is this why both are fighting a vicious battle in the depths of my soul, leaving me caught in the crossfire?

I grieve because of this fact...and that makes me furious."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Misanthropik's post
19-11-2012, 07:35 AM
RE: Grieving Fury
You are totally correct, anger and grief do occur together.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post