Grieving for the loss of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2012, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2012 12:03 PM by kim.)
RE: Grieving for the loss of god
(13-06-2012 01:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Heck, you even made a cameo appearance in my therapy session today. Big Grin

Oh-oh ...
Well, I'll refrain from my usual counter using a creepy, amusing joke suggesting bodily fluids I'm honored if I've helped someone gain perspective on something they may have been grappling with. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2012, 12:11 PM
(13-06-2012 11:27 AM)kim Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 01:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Heck, you even made a cameo appearance in my therapy session today. Big Grin

Oh-oh ...
Well, I'll refrain from my usual counter using a creepy, amusing joke suggesting bodily fluids I'm honored if I've helped someone gain perspective on something they may have been grappling with. Shy
I never said there weren't bodily fluids involved.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-06-2012, 02:49 PM
(12-06-2012 08:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Grief ? Maybe. But then you come to realize there's nothing actually lost. Every individual element that made up the initial position's attractiveness is replaceable with something else, more mature, and not subject to loss. For me, it was all aesthetic. Gods ain't got no corner on that. You discover you can make the Grail appear, (and disappear). It's been addressed here before. (Atheism's little secret....http://theunconverted.com/atheisms-delic...le-secret/ ) ,

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ail+Castle

Not the commonly meaning attributed to grief, Bucky. Clinical grief.

Clinical grief has nothing whatsoever to do with the desirability of whatever is causing the grief. Actually probably the worst grief is experienced by an abused person when the abuser is lost for whatever reason.

The severity of grief only depends on how many hours and thoughts the grieving person spent on the lost person/item/situation. It has zero relationship to physical or mental beauty of the lost person/item/situation.

People always think of grief as something they are supposed to feel when wonderful people die. Well, if you haven't spoken to your grandma in 3 years and you haven't seen her in 5, and she dies, there will be no grief. No matter how wonderful she was. There may be nostaligia, regrets and whatever emotions, but no grief.

If a person prayed 3 times a day, thought about god before any actions that were taken and went to church twice a week, there will be clinical grief when these activities cease.

Clinical grief is not at all like the "romantic" connotations that come with the word.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-06-2012, 03:00 PM
(13-06-2012 02:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 08:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
If a person prayed 3 times a day, thought about god before any actions that were taken and went to church twice a week, there will be clinical grief when these activities cease.

Clinical grief is not at all like the "romantic" connotations that come with the word.
Point taken. "Some" went to church every day. Know what yer sayin. But "attractiveness", is many things. What I was saying is that which religion "produced", is not their's alone to produce. So nothing is really "lost". (See first link). You can "make" the Grail appear.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
13-06-2012, 04:27 PM
(13-06-2012 03:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What I was saying is that which religion "produced", is not their's alone to produce. So nothing is really "lost". You can "make" the Grail appear.

Oh, I get that. Replacing or creating one's own illusory grail is fine in and of itself; who doesn't want to celebrate, right? Wink

But celebration only without grief for the self's loss, just avoids or delays owning up to one's responsibility of buying into the original illusion. Most assuredly, not taking that responsibility is very easy and it can keep one from recognizing and buying into a similar illusion. Kingschosen used to be an Atheist. (he has reported)

For the newly de-converted, it's obvious the aftermath is an extremely exhilarating, but also shaky time. They need all the support they can get, and all the time they need to grieve their victimization.

Humans are a big balls of emotion and feeling, which if not dealt with compassionately and honestly, will drive them around in circles and keep them in a rut. Not owning up to feelings of loss when a part of one's life has been re-arranged is just denial of those feelings. Many don't allow themselves time to grieve a loss and it's a misstep that can hold one back from enjoying the real part of reality... the one with no illusions; no bullshit.

No bullshit makes for a healthy, happy human. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post