Grilled Octopus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 09:15 PM
RE: Grilled Octopus
(05-09-2015 07:46 PM)julep Wrote:  I have the palate of a 5-year-old, so octopus isn't on my list in general. I've tried it just once, though.

Not meaning to harsh your buzz: I saw some research lately on octopuses being quite intelligent--solving puzzles or seeming to refuse to solve them, getting bored in captivity, ganging up to take out sharks in their territory--and I guess if I liked octopus, I would feel weird about eating it. Except that that I still eat bacon or ham, and pigs are pretty intelligent, too.

I think I may have to stop eating other animals altogether, if we find consistently that humans' intelligence is not so out of line with other animals'. Sad

Come to the vegan side Evil_monster We have (vegan) cookies Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2015, 09:29 PM
(05-09-2015 09:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 07:46 PM)julep Wrote:  I have the palate of a 5-year-old, so octopus isn't on my list in general. I've tried it just once, though.

Not meaning to harsh your buzz: I saw some research lately on octopuses being quite intelligent--solving puzzles or seeming to refuse to solve them, getting bored in captivity, ganging up to take out sharks in their territory--and I guess if I liked octopus, I would feel weird about eating it. Except that that I still eat bacon or ham, and pigs are pretty intelligent, too.

I think I may have to stop eating other animals altogether, if we find consistently that humans' intelligence is not so out of line with other animals'. Sad

Come to the vegan side Evil_monster We have (vegan) cookies Heart

I've had vegan cookies, they won't win many converts.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
05-09-2015, 09:36 PM
Had some octopus soup once in Puerto Vallarta. Slightly chewy, and the suckers are a tad off-putting, but the taste was great. And I absolutely love me some deep fried calamari.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-09-2015, 10:34 PM
(05-09-2015 09:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 09:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Come to the vegan side Evil_monster We have (vegan) cookies Heart

I've had vegan cookies, they won't win many converts.

Homemade ones are actually really good--and I'm saying that as someone who can't cook or bake for shit Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
05-09-2015, 10:42 PM
I had the Pulpo in Madrid's Plaza Mayor last time I was there. They put a little too much rock salt on top but was excellent eating. I don't think I could have it every night but as a once in a while treat its very enjoyable.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
06-09-2015, 03:08 AM

Yeah, I know they are intelligent, but that doesn't bother me at all. Why would anybody think "I'm only going to eat stupid ones" ? Seems like a strange criteria to me.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
06-09-2015, 03:28 AM
(05-09-2015 10:42 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  I had the Pulpo in Madrid's Plaza Mayor last time I was there. They put a little too much rock salt on top but was excellent eating. I don't think I could have it every night but as a once in a while treat its very enjoyable.

Here you go sir, something to refresh your memories, taken by me about a month ago.

[Image: 67uwyt.jpg]

I try to eat seafood as fresh as possible so I waited to get to the coast before ordering it.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
06-09-2015, 05:23 AM
Two legged, four legged, sure.

but...

I'm not eating anything with more than four -- at least not intentionally.

I've eaten enough six and eight legged shit while riding the motorcycle to last me a lifetime.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-09-2015, 05:46 AM
(06-09-2015 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Two legged, four legged, sure.

but...

I've eaten enough six and eight legged shit while riding the motorcycle to last me a lifetime.

Technically, octopus has no legs at all, just delicious tentacles.

06-09-2015, 06:00 AM
(06-09-2015 05:46 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 05:23 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Two legged, four legged, sure.

but...

Technically, octopus has no legs at all, just delicious tentacles.
You can have mine - just get it off my plate.....

Sadcryface

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.