Grilled Octopus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 08:16 AM
RE: Grilled Octopus
(07-09-2015 02:33 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 06:58 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Why should anybody in Spain speak English?

And the women are much more beautiful in Andalucia. It's the mixed blood resulting from 500 years of Moorish occupation.

Imo, if you work in a tourism related business and your city is visited by a few million foreigners a year you have to speak more then just one language. It should be a job requirement.
You make it sound like speaking more then your native language is a bad thing?

Speaking more than one language is a wonderful thing. Criticizing people in foreign countries for not speaking your language is jingoism. You have the option of taking your business elsewhere.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: Grilled Octopus
(08-09-2015 08:16 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 02:33 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Imo, if you work in a tourism related business and your city is visited by a few million foreigners a year you have to speak more then just one language. It should be a job requirement.
You make it sound like speaking more then your native language is a bad thing?

Speaking more than one language is a wonderful thing. Criticizing people in foreign countries for not speaking your language is jingoism. You have the option of taking your business elsewhere.

I didn`t expect them to speak my language, which is not English, I expected them to speak the language that most of the tourists speak , since they are in the tourism business.
It is very simple , if your job is to provide information for the tourists and you are unable to do it most of the time, then you are not fit for the job.
What is the alternative? All of the 50-60 million tourists that visit Spain every year to learn Spanish ?

And I really don`t think that Spain would like tourists to "take their business elsewhere" since it`s country`s biggest industry by far.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post