Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2014, 06:50 AM
Griping about the weather thread
We can't do anything about it but that doesn't mean we can't complain about it.

Was 31 degrees when I woke up this morning. High today is only supposed to get around 44 - with the wind it will feel much cooler.

I think I must have slept through fall - pretty much went straight from summer to winter. Dodgy I love fall weather but it needs to last long enough for me to notice it. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 06:53 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
I notice it's the Fall season when I see chestnuts and pomegranates on the table. Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
12-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Meanwhile, I have a projected high of 36 degrees tomorrow, but without a doubt shit will be hotter than that.

And on Saturday, if the predictions are accurate, I'll have a nice cool day at 24 degrees interspersed with plasma bolts displaying Zeus's ire.

Oh how I love heading into summer...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Could be worse. It is supposed to be -17F at Yellowstone Lake tonight.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
12-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Yeah it's a balmy 16 here with the wind still blowing. Angry

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-11-2014, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2014 07:49 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-11-2014 06:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  We can't do anything about it but that doesn't mean we can't complain about it.

Was 31 degrees when I woke up this morning. High today is only supposed to get around 44 - with the wind it will feel much cooler.

I think I must have slept through fall - pretty much went straight from summer to winter. Dodgy I love fall weather but it needs to last long enough for me to notice it. Sadcryface

I saw that doing my homework during the night. Didn't you go from 80 -> 40 yesterday. Weeping
You all need to move here, so you can gripe :

The weather is nice again. Oh well. It's just so damn boring. Tongue
I have to go out this weekend and "harvest" my mom's Impatiens to the sheds, to over-winter them with the "banana-fruit fly trick". They're a few years old now, and the branches are getting "woody". (The flys eat the mealy bugs, and they live all winter).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Really looking forward to beating the ice out of the water buckets in the barn tomorrow morning. That chore is usually accompanied by the winter ritual chant of left-the-hose-out blues and celebrated by the can't-feel-my-toes waltz.

Yesterday it was 72°F.

Sadcryface

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
12-11-2014, 08:04 AM
It is November and the highs are still in the 80's.
12-11-2014, 09:31 AM
(12-11-2014 08:04 AM)wazzel Wrote:  It is November and the highs are still in the 80's.

This is a gripe thread. GTFO! Angry

Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post
12-11-2014, 09:46 AM
(12-11-2014 08:04 AM)wazzel Wrote:  It is November and the highs are still in the 80's.

I know what you mean, it's almost unbearable, btw could you please pass me the suntan lotion while you're up? Cool

Local weather:
Today Sunny 76°F
FEELS LIKE 76°

78° HIGH
69° LOW

Chance of Rain
0%

[Image: Alligator-Lighthouse-503bc5577c632_hires.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce