Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
Guess I should get my gloves out of the car before it freezes shut. Seems to me that was an issue during last year's ice party. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Undecided

Yesterday: 50 degrees
Today: 12 degrees

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-02-2015, 04:45 PM
It's been raining for hours. Good thing is it's refilling the pool so I don't have to pay for water. Bad thing is the whole back yard looks like a swamp and the freezing temps are supposed to set in shortly....and last for a day or more.

Have firewood for the fireplace, just hope the power and Internet stays working. Ice storms are hell on the power lines.

Husband and son have already been told they don't have to go make the Pepsi tomorrow as the plant will be closed. I, however, will be expected to slip and slide my way into the office. If my car's frozen shut, that won't be happening.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-02-2015, 11:02 AM

It was brutal! Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
24-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Sheesh - been watching wrecks on TV since 5:30 this morning. The roads are frozen and people are playing bumper cars with median barriers, bridges, and semis all over the Metroplex. Guess I will wait about another hour and then try to slip and slide into work. Confused

Snow tonight on top of this ice...yay winter in north TX.

24-02-2015, 08:29 AM
1 damn degree when I left for the gym this morning. And, then the gym had no hot water. Fastest shower of my life.

So ready for spring.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
02-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Over the last week we have had rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain....in various combinations, as well as some pretty cold weather for here. Our yard is a squishy, soupy mess.

Today was okay but rainy and gray skies. Tomorrow it may get up in the 60s. Then Wednesday they are calling for snow and/or freezing rain starting in the afternoon and the Thursday morning commute should be a real mess due to temps in the 20s.

Last week I was the only one in the department who made it to work every day. Not all day, mind you - but I did make it there at least for a while.

UGH!

02-03-2015, 07:17 PM
So I need a screw driver with a teeny tiny hexagonal head on it so I can unscrew a hard-drive from one thing & stick it in another, yeah. The tool is in the garage so I gotta go outside! It's NOT below freezing outside, right now! So, surely, that wet spot on the conrete is just a puddle of water, right? Nope. I just slipped, and one leg went one way, and the other kinda crumpled underneath me, in a splits-like action... I didn't even collide with the ground, but I think I stripped my shit! Angry Feels like I broke my ass! Angry

FUCK ICE! Censored

02-03-2015, 07:23 PM
(02-03-2015 07:17 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  So I need a screw driver with a teeny tiny hexagonal head on it so I can unscrew a hard-drive from one thing & stick it in another, yeah. The tool is in the garage so I gotta go outside! It's NOT below freezing outside, right now! So, surely, that wet spot on the conrete is just a puddle of water, right? Nope. I just slipped, and one leg went one way, and the other kinda crumpled underneath me, in a splits-like action... I didn't even collide with the ground, but I think I stripped my shit! Angry Feels like I broke my ass! Angry

FUCK ICE! Censored

When it comes to ice I know I've had slips where I would have been better off falling rather than trying to catch myself.
02-03-2015, 07:36 PM
(02-03-2015 07:23 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(02-03-2015 07:17 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  So I need a screw driver with a teeny tiny hexagonal head on it so I can unscrew a hard-drive from one thing & stick it in another, yeah. The tool is in the garage so I gotta go outside! It's NOT below freezing outside, right now! So, surely, that wet spot on the conrete is just a puddle of water, right? Nope. I just slipped, and one leg went one way, and the other kinda crumpled underneath me, in a splits-like action... I didn't even collide with the ground, but I think I stripped my shit! Angry Feels like I broke my ass! Angry

FUCK ICE! Censored

When it comes to ice I know I've had slips where I would have been better off falling rather than trying to catch myself.

That's exactly what I tried to do! Facepalm
I would say next time I'll try to body roll through it, but I can't shake the feeling I'd just end up breaking my damn neck! I'm sitting on a new toilet seat I've yet to bolt to the commode cuz my gouch hurts, & I can't remember where I put the gawdam foam thingy! Facepalm
Fuck ice! Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post