Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2015, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2015 11:22 AM by Nurse.)
RE: Griping about the weather thread
Motherfucker. I'm iced in AGAIN!!! It was 68F yesterday. I hate sleet. Wish it were snow. The kiddo was out of school most of last week while I was at work - 9" of snow then, out again today. With all the snow days they're gonna be in school Til it's like June.
Most roads are impassable and closed because they are solid fucking ice. It's not even that much - it's just that it's all ice - there's more stuck to the roadways than the ground. Need more coffee creamer and beer, out of milk and bread. I could walk to the grocery store but it's closed.

This time at least I'm at *my* house instead of my relatives'.

[img][Image: C70DFA5E-EBAE-40E3-8D9B-A0C2A65C97B5_zpstyd8d5at.jpg][/img]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2015, 11:06 PM
That stupid snow didn't stick together until it started to get into the evening! I couldn't make a huge snowball and roll it before the two cars we have. Nope. I use a bucket instead. >.< I would have built a bug snow castle earlier, but I couldn't do so. It just had to come apart no matter how hard I pressed it together.
11-03-2015, 01:50 PM
IT'S TOO HOT!!!! I'm melting. Sadcryface2 This isnt spring! Feels like summer. Angry

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Might rain this afternoon. It's a bit chilly for rain imo.

Big Grin

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-03-2015, 02:04 PM
It was overcast today... one of my mates was just saying how he wished it'd just rain and get it over with... and I realised... we haven't had a lot this season. Normally we get these massive thunderstorms with crazy lightning and a *shit-ton* of water drops outta the sky... but this year... only one or two. Shit, we're fucked if we don't get a good rainy season...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-03-2015, 09:41 PM
We managed to sneak in a day with no precipitation and some actual sunshine! What a concept.

The dogs have been crazed wanting to get out and romp in what was our back yard and is now our mud bog so I took them for walks instead. They are seldom on a leash since they usually can get plenty of exercise out back.

First took the two females. Sheesh...we need to do this more often. What a cluster. After about 20 minutes they finally stopped weaving the leashes around one another and we had a nice walk. Then I took Chopper out. They all enjoyed the walks a lot. So did I. Planned to do it again tomorrow after work but the forecast is for - rain. Go figure. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-03-2015, 03:16 PM
A strange, bright light has illuminated the area all around my house for about the last hour. Surely it isn't the sun...must be aliens.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-03-2015, 03:20 PM
(22-03-2015 03:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A strange, bright light has illuminated the area all around my house for about the last hour. Surely it isn't the sun...must be aliens.

It can be the only explanation. Tongue
22-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Is this a weather complaining thread?
ok
It just wont EVER go away!
22-03-2015, 10:22 PM
It's been in the 70s most of this week. It cooled off a bit today, though. Once again, you'd have fewer winter storm complaints if y'all would just become my neighbor.

Granted. I'll probably be on this thread a bunch next month bitching about my slow internet while in the tornado shelter. But April (sometimes we get weak ones in March) is only one month a year and just a few days of storms at that, whereas y'all have been snowed in for like half the damn year.

[Image: neighbor.jpg?w=645]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman