Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2015, 07:16 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
I would say it's raining again but the more accurate statement is that it's raining still.

Geez Louise...rain, wind, thunder...this has been going on since the ice storm at the end of February. Yeah, we needed rain around here. We went from lake levels being way down to my phone going off with flash flood alerts. Enough already. Sheesh.

One of our dogs is now a Benedryl junkie as it's the only way to help her calm down when it's storming.

I still have more work to do on the ark...luckily I only need one big enough for six animals. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2015, 07:30 AM
(10-05-2015 07:16 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I would say it's raining again but the more accurate statement is that it's raining still.

Geez Louise...rain, wind, thunder...this has been going on since the ice storm at the end of February. Yeah, we needed rain around here. We went from lake levels being way down to my phone going off with flash flood alerts. Enough already. Sheesh.

One of our dogs is now a Benedryl junkie as it's the only way to help her calm down when it's storming.

I still have more work to do on the ark...luckily I only need one big enough for six animals. Undecided

Speaking of rain...

It's been raining damn-near non-stop for days now; a few hours of respite will occasionally happen, but it's usually just water, water, everywhere; so lets all slip and fall...

I like rain as I've said many a time before; but when it rains on you when you need to get between classes or to a bus stop, it's just mildly annoying.

It's infuriating when you have glasses on...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-05-2015, 07:34 AM
(10-05-2015 07:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Speaking of rain...

It's been raining damn-near non-stop for days now; a few hours of respite will occasionally happen, but it's usually just water, water, everywhere; so lets all slip and fall...

I like rain as I've said many a time before; but when it rains on you when you need to get between classes or to a bus stop, it's just mildly annoying.

It's infuriating when you have glasses on...

I can certainly relate!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-05-2015, 01:24 PM
The threat of bad storms this evening has cancelled plans for a cookout at my daughter's house for Mother's Day. Dodgy

13-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Welp Anj, if it's not there yet, it soon will be... it looks like the monster is about to dump on all of us, here in the plains states. It's already overcast here and the thing is still 2 states away! Undecided

Because of the last deluge (which has barely dried out) I have a shin-deep lawn. If I don't mow now, it will be up to my ass before I get another dry chance. Yea sure... we need the moisture ... whatever. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-05-2015, 10:43 AM
I *want* it to rain - not one cloud in the sky. Pollen is everywhere. And it's fucking hot outside.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-05-2015, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2015 01:48 PM by kim.)
(13-05-2015 10:43 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I *want* it to rain - not one cloud in the sky. Pollen is everywhere. And it's fucking hot outside.

Oh ... uh ... Confused good luck with your impending tornado.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-05-2015, 01:12 PM
spring is gine, blistering hot summer has arrived.

as expected the a/c repairman are here again.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
13-05-2015, 02:28 PM
(13-05-2015 01:12 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  spring is gine, blistering hot summer has arrived.

as expected the a/c repairman are here again.

I didn't know you were a poet Blush

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-05-2015, 04:48 PM
It's still fucking raining...with varying degrees of storms mixed in. Censored

I think I am starting to mildew. Dodgy

I am sure that once this rain finally gives us a break, if it ever does, we will jump straight to 100+ temps.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post