Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
Fucking, fucking, rain. This weekend is just crap. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-05-2015, 09:59 AM
(25-05-2015 09:55 AM)kim Wrote:  Fucking, fucking, rain. This weekend is just crap. Dodgy

The sun actually came out late yesterday afternoon - it scared me since I haven't seen it in months. Undecided

I shouldn't have worried since it's gone again.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-05-2015, 09:32 AM
So Anj, should I even ask? Did you have any flooding? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-05-2015, 10:59 AM
It's basically been a down pour for a month straight. Lake Texoma has hit record heights and now tornadoes are cropping up.
26-05-2015, 02:12 PM

Y'all may or may not know that I work at a nature preserve near Austin. We're having the wettest May on record, and have had seven inches of rain land on the Preserve in the last few day. When you add to that the fact that our waterfall is fed by Hamilton Creek, which drains about 25 miĀ² of watershed which all got hit as hard or harder, you can figure out for yourself that we're ass-deep in water.

This is what our waterfall/grotto/pool area looks like normally (picture taken from inside the grotto):

[Image: r742lj.jpg]

This is what my inspection Sunday morning revealed (taken from the cliffs overlooking the pool):

[Image: 29kot2e.jpg]

Notice the hand-raliing that is almost submerged in the center of this shot; it is about three foot high:

[Image: 157ni4y.jpg]

Couldn't get into the grotto the usual way, because our footbridge had a minor malfunction:

[Image: 2ui7yf6.jpg]

... and we're looking at 30% chances of rain every day the rest of the week.

Fortunately, I live a ways away, so my trailer isn't flooded. A tornado touched down a few miles from it yesterday, but we're copacetic.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
26-05-2015, 04:30 PM
(26-05-2015 09:32 AM)kim Wrote:  So Anj, should I even ask? Did you have any flooding? Dodgy

We are not real close to any natural bodies of water unless you count the swamp in our back yard. The other day on my way to work, the water I was driving through was probably a third of the way up my tires. The storm drains just can't keep up when it starts pouring and many are jammed up with debris from the last three months of rain.

We have had a lot of rain, thunder, and lightning but luckily no harsh winds or worse.

There just isn't anywhere left for the water to go. Our yard is squishy.

The pool is a lost cause. There's no sense in trying to keep it up as any chemicals added would just wash out the overflow. Undecided

Thumper beat me to posting Texas Flood...I was going to do it this evening.

Only a few sprinkles today but more rain is in the forecast. Watched a squirrel yesterday trying to eat some seed from the bird feeder. He was trying to keep the rain off by holding his tail up his back and over his head. There are turtles all over the roads as well as other critters that are trying to get to high ground.

It's a mess. I am thankful that we haven't had worse weather but sure am tired of gray days and trying to plan errands between downpours.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-05-2015, 04:46 PM
Not that I'm bragging (although, I am) we had a few actual hours of sun today.

Oh sure, we're supposed to have rain tonight & 60% chance tomorrow. It was just nice to see light and blue sky between the gray & white clouds... its been 2 weeks since I'd seen that for several hours in a row. Shy

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-05-2015, 04:52 PM
(26-05-2015 04:46 PM)kim Wrote:  Not that I'm bragging (although, I am) we had a few actual hours of sun today.

Oh sure, we're supposed to have rain tonight & 60% chance tomorrow. It was just nice to see light and blue sky between the gray & white clouds... its been 2 weeks since I'd seen that for several hours in a row. Shy

I have come to the conclusion that real live sunshine for an extended period of time just isn't going to happen...I am going back on Lexapro before I end up in the fetal position. Confused

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-05-2015, 05:38 PM
(26-05-2015 04:46 PM)kim Wrote:  Not that I'm bragging (although, I am) we had a few actual hours of sun today.

By "sun" you mean that orb of light that used to rise in the east early in the mornings? Blink
Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
26-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold etc.. make up your fucking mind Jebus.

[Image: oscar.png]