Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(28-05-2015 10:42 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  or when it rains but it's still hot as fuck outside so the rain isn't even pleasant, it just feels like gross annoying semen falling from the clouds

So that's what it feels like... Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
28-05-2015, 10:49 PM
(28-05-2015 10:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 10:42 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  or when it rains but it's still hot as fuck outside so the rain isn't even pleasant, it just feels like gross annoying semen falling from the clouds

So that's what it feels like... Consider

hot semen is gross and annoying
28-05-2015, 11:03 PM
(28-05-2015 10:49 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 10:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So that's what it feels like... Consider

hot semen is gross and annoying

I know. Hell, I produce the stuff on a regular basis. I really don't see the attraction either, but I'm not one to judge. I've got my own quirks. Angel

But yeah, hot rainy days suck. I hear the prediction for my area is wet, but milder temps for the summer. I can handle that.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
29-05-2015, 04:20 AM
8.2" of rain in the last six hours. Weeping

Flooded roads all over the place and it isn't going to stop before I leave for work.

I need SCUBA gear.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
29-05-2015, 04:36 AM
(29-05-2015 04:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  8.2" of rain in the last six hours. Weeping

Flooded roads all over the place and it isn't going to stop before I leave for work.

I need SCUBA gear.

Where do you live?

It's been raining for about 6-7 straight hours where I'm at (Oklahoma/Texas border). Lake Texoma is expected to reach its highest recorded levels in its existence.

It's insane.
29-05-2015, 04:42 AM
(29-05-2015 04:36 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 04:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  8.2" of rain in the last six hours. Weeping

I need SCUBA gear.

Where do you live?

It's been raining for about 6-7 straight hours where I'm at (Oklahoma/Texas border). Lake Texoma is expected to reach its highest recorded levels in its existence.

It's insane.

The northeast side of the Metroplex. This is insane, I have to agree.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

29-05-2015, 05:09 AM
Yea we're probably not anymore than 2 hours away.

Ever been to Texoma? Last year the lake was at an all time low. Now its at an all time high. The Roosevelt Bridge is about 3 miles from my house. It's about 120 yard walk from my house to the highway and the water is so high its coming over the highway about 300 yards away.

Even though it didn't rain for two days the lake continued to rise from the river, creeks, etc.
29-05-2015, 05:19 AM
(29-05-2015 05:09 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Yea we're probably not anymore than 2 hours away.

Ever been to Texoma? Last year the lake was at an all time low. Now its at an all time high. The Roosevelt Bridge is about 3 miles from my house. It's about 120 yard walk from my house to the highway and the water is so high its coming over the highway about 300 yards away.

Even though it didn't rain for two days the lake continued to rise from the river, creeks, etc.

I haven't been to Texoma. We are near Lake Lavon and Lake Ray Hubbard, both have been drying up the last few years. What you are getting runs this way then what you are I are getting continues to head toward Austin and on down to Houston...so they are really getting hammered.

We are pretty safe as far as flooding from bodies of water but the flash flooding on the roads is really causing a mess all over DFW right now. I am surprised as I drive to and from work to see 'new' waterways.

It's a mess, that's for sure.

30-05-2015, 06:33 AM
So my plan to sleep in a bit this morning was thwarted by driving rain and thunder that woke me up about 4am. FML

The storm has now moved up in force to lightning flash - immediate thunder...so it's no longer in the distance. Power went off for a short time. Pool is overflowing and yard is under water again.

So much for god promising not to flood the world again. Dodgy

I blame all the Christians here in TX for praying for rain. Fuckers.

30-05-2015, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2015 08:23 AM by Escape Artist.)
(28-05-2015 10:42 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  My favorite part about summers in Alabama is when you go to restaurants and sit down for a while and then when you stand up your sweaty thighs unstick slowly from the booth and you're like wow gross

or when you're wearing shorts and your car has leather seats so when you sit in your car your legs turn into well-done steaks because mothER FUCKer can leather get HOT AS FUck

or when it rains but it's still hot as fuck outside so the rain isn't even pleasant, it just feels like gross annoying semen falling from the clouds

I agree with everything except the gross annoying semen part. Tongue