Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(12-11-2014 09:31 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 08:04 AM)wazzel Wrote:  It is November and the highs are still in the 80's.

This is a gripe thread. GTFO! Angry

Tongue

It is a grip. We get 9+ months of summer. About 1.5 months of fall and spring and like a day or two of winter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2014, 10:37 AM
75F degrees on Monday... until 5pm when the temperature dropped to 34F degrees in one hour. It is now Wednesday and the high today will be 30F degrees which will continue,indefinitely.

I'm sure I'll be on this thread again in the coming months. The one thing we do have in Kansas is weather. As noted above, we often have it all in one day. Carry on. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-11-2014, 10:39 AM
The forcasts predicts a "unnatrually" hot winter in Norway this year. There goes the plans of a white christmas out the window; again. Doesn't help that this will be the first christmas without my grandmother. Goddamn motherfucking shit.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
12-11-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm sorry Elky... Grammas are the best; they always have cookies & hugs & don't seem to really mind how dirty you get playing outside.

It's tough to miss them, especially around the holidays. Perhaps thats why we eventually learn to make cookies ourselves... or find someone else to make them with us.
Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
12-11-2014, 11:24 AM
(12-11-2014 10:39 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  The forcasts predicts a "unnatrually" hot winter in Norway this year. There goes the plans of a white christmas out the window; again. Doesn't help that this will be the first christmas without my grandmother. Goddamn motherfucking shit.

Hug

Meanwhile in the pacific northwest, a tree branch from somewhere not close to my house took out my ashtray. It could have been worse I know. There are two windows between where the ashtray was.

So far, we have two branches on our hot tub (with the aforementioned ashtray somewhere under it all) and one hanging from our gutter.

What has me concerned these aren't dead branches but rather healthy looking. Sad oh and it was 32 when I got up. They're saying we might get snow in a couple days. Lucky me

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-11-2014, 02:57 PM
Sitting on the porch, talking with neighbors, 75 and sunny.....but I am afraid it won't be long till its in the 30-40's

[Image: imagejpg1_zpsaf166b4b.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
12-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Ah crap. The sun was doing it's best to warm things up to 25F... but has now, it been enshrouded by a wintery, gray blanket. It's not going to make it to the promised 30F. I am... disappoint. Undecided

12-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Its been raining for 3 day strait, and probably will do so for the next few days I have forgotten what the sun looks like.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2014, 03:07 PM
I wish I could hibernate from now until late April.
Yea, that would be good. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-11-2014, 03:31 PM
(12-11-2014 11:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 10:39 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  The forcasts predicts a "unnatrually" hot winter in Norway this year. There goes the plans of a white christmas out the window; again. Doesn't help that this will be the first christmas without my grandmother. Goddamn motherfucking shit.

Hug

Meanwhile in the pacific northwest, a tree branch from somewhere not close to my house took out my ashtray. It could have been worse I know. There are two windows between where the ashtray was.

So far, we have two branches on our hot tub (with the aforementioned ashtray somewhere under it all) and one hanging from our gutter.

What has me concerned these aren't dead branches but rather healthy looking. Sad oh and it was 32 when I got up. They're saying we might get snow in a couple days. Lucky me

I live out near the Columbia Gorge and we're expecting ice rain. It may spread into Portland so get ready for a lovely commute in the morning Moms. Portland shuts down in any kind of snow. It's so funny. People completely panic. Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.