Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
Well ... another dark and drizzly morning. I'm just waiting for today's now customary downpour.

Usually, I just wish my lawn would die of sun stroke so I wouldn't have to mow it.
Consider
Can lawns just float away? Is that possible? If I was a christee, would I be praying for errosion?

Fucking rain.
Maybe I'll see the sun sometime today. Saw it for about 45 mminutes last night, as it was setting... after it rained all day. So far, it's feeling like a rerun. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2015, 12:38 AM
(29-05-2015 04:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  8.2" of rain in the last six hours. Weeping

Flooded roads all over the place and it isn't going to stop before I leave for work.

I need SCUBA gear.

Jesus please us.
31-05-2015, 04:30 AM
(31-05-2015 12:38 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 04:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  8.2" of rain in the last six hours. Weeping

Flooded roads all over the place and it isn't going to stop before I leave for work.

I need SCUBA gear.

Jesus please us.

Jesus be like: "This is what you fuckers get for begging me for rain."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-05-2015, 06:35 AM
So..... yesterday, it was gray. Really. All day, the sky was completely gray. It was a light gray, solid, with no sun able to get through. It may have sprinkled a few times after the early morning deluge but mostly, it was just gray. One could wear positively anything and not clash. Shy

This morning: predawn. Birds were chirping their asses off - it was kind of annoying - hell, it woke me up! They were gearing up to herald the dawn's coming light. Then, the chirping started trailing off... into silence. No sun. A few random chirps ... still, no sun. Gray. No rain, no light, just gray.

I checked the radar and there isn't anything over my state at all. It doesn't seem to match what is outside. Maybe there should be a radar that shows areas of 'gray' ... or maybe 'creepy'.

Creepy. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
31-05-2015, 06:45 AM
There is a bright shining light source coming from the sky. I can see the reflections of the this light on the fence...I recognize the pattern of the water in the pool rippling.

Must be aliens, surely cannot be the sun. Undecided

Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-05-2015, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 02:29 PM by kim.)
IT'S HERE!

Bowing RA has returned! Bowing

The science of nature saves the day. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-05-2015, 08:02 PM
Low of 3/38 last night; high of 12/55 today.
(that's degrees C/F for you atavistic Americans out there)

But that's not my complaint. My complaint is that those beautiful perfect temperatures are very soon going to turn into hellish sweltering heat before long. Stupid hot summers.

... this is my signature!
31-05-2015, 10:43 PM
(31-05-2015 08:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Low of 3/38 last night; high of 12/55 today.
(that's degrees C/F for you atavistic Americans out there)

But that's not my complaint. My complaint is that those beautiful perfect temperatures are very soon going to turn into hellish sweltering heat before long. Stupid hot summers.

I hesitate to ask, but what do you classify as a 'hellish sweltering heat'?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Whew - just about get the entire lawn mowed and it starts raining. So, on the north side, I get sprinkled on. By the time I get to the back yard, it's pouring. By the time I call it good, I'm drenched. I get the mower inside & put away, I turn around to watch the rain ... and it stops.
Dodgy

At least it's done.
Now, it's not raining but wow, it's dark. Really dark. Radar shows nothing.

Screw it; I'm not mowing for at least a week or more. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-06-2015, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 05:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-05-2015 06:35 AM)kim Wrote:  So..... yesterday, it was gray. Really. All day, the sky was completely gray. It was a light gray, solid, with no sun able to get through. It may have sprinkled a few times after the early morning deluge but mostly, it was just gray. One could wear positively anything and not clash. Shy

This morning: predawn. Birds were chirping their asses off - it was kind of annoying - hell, it woke me up! They were gearing up to herald the dawn's coming light. Then, the chirping started trailing off... into silence. No sun. A few random chirps ... still, no sun. Gray. No rain, no light, just gray.

I checked the radar and there isn't anything over my state at all. It doesn't seem to match what is outside. Maybe there should be a radar that shows areas of 'gray' ... or maybe 'creepy'.

Creepy. Undecided

Your entire State is covered by a creepy Koch brothers cock-sucking Brownback pussy cloak who has decimated your State. Get the fuck out of Kansas while you can.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post