Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
At noon I checked the temperatures it showed it was 89.

Less than hour later, my car says its 94.

It was parked in the shade, while I went into the market. I decided I'm grilling some chicken breasts for dinner tonight. I'll char up the peppers I bought. Bring them upstairs and then I'll toss on the chicken breasts that will just take a few minutes (they're huge so I'll be slicing them in half to get four portions. I probably should have gotten 3 breasts, now that I've got a plan...damn.

Sure it sounds like a wonderful idea now...but at 5pm, when we're ramping up the temps I may just turn into a puddle of goop.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2015, 07:23 PM
(31-07-2015 01:32 PM)kim Wrote:  Weirdly, it's nowhere near as hot as it has been lately. Currently, it's only 87, while last Friday it was 114... a teensy bit cooler. This will make the evening cool down much more comfortable.

It's supposed to get down to 65 tonight. I'll take it. Shy

Cut it out, Kim. Griping only. Tongue

You're right though, even though the humidity is still horrible, the temps are much more tolerable than they have been.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
02-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Sigh

[Image: uhoh_zpsn3vuyzk3.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-08-2015, 05:42 PM
(31-07-2015 11:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 04:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's hot - the news on the radio keeps saying we 'finally' hit 100 degrees...funny, my car seems to think it's been over a hundred a few times lately.

I stopped at CVS on the way home from work. When I walked out the door the sensation was similar to opening the oven door with your face a little too close. Took my breath away.

And it's not even August yet... Sadcryface

You might have noticed that you live in Dallas/Ft. Worth. Consider

That's in Texas. Smartass

Texas is fucking hot. Facepalm

Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

I can even deal with up to the mid 90s - 100 and over is too much...can't wait for the 110 days that are sure to come this month. Dodgy

And you are in Massachusetts...while you are up to your behind in snow, I might dig out a sweater. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-08-2015, 11:19 AM
Partly cloudy, 91 GOD DAMN degrees F, wind 5MPH, Humidity 55 MOTHER FUCKING PERCENT.
06-08-2015, 06:25 AM
(02-08-2015 05:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 11:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  You might have noticed that you live in Dallas/Ft. Worth. Consider

That's in Texas. Smartass

Texas is fucking hot. Facepalm

Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

I can even deal with up to the mid 90s - 100 and over is too much...can't wait for the 110 days that are sure to come this month. Dodgy

And you are in Massachusetts...while you are up to your behind in snow, I might dig out a sweater. Tongue

It was well above my behind this last winter. Big Grin

I'd rather have a two-foot snowstorm than a 90°+ humid day.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-08-2015, 11:16 PM
;...; Why did the rain have to go so soon? I'm completely in the mood for a nice, over-the-head thunder storm that would make me imagine tornados. Some very loud thunder in the middle of the night, so nobody gets sleep would be perfect right now.
[+] 2 users Like Lienda Bella's post
30-10-2015, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2015 04:36 PM by kim.)
So Anj ... uh ... how's your lawn?
You know .... lawn ... that green stuff under that lake surrounding your house? Dodgy

Not that it's any consolation but, it looks like it might be breaking up a bit. I think some of it is coming up here to Kansas ... it's been a wet day but nothing like what you got. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-10-2015, 04:27 PM
(30-10-2015 04:23 PM)kim Wrote:  So Anj ... uh ... how's your lawn?
You know .... lawn ... that green stuff under that lake surrounding your house? Dodgy

Not that it's any consolation but, it looks like it might be breaking up a bit. I think come of it is coming up here to Kansas ... it's been a wet day but nothing like what you got. Shy

Steady rain since early this morning. Rained most of last weekend. Still not quite catching up to the months of not so much as a drizzle.

Not sure how Halloween will turn out. First the ground was too hard to put any of the decorations out, now it's so soupy they will fall over and we will be electrocuted when we try to put up lights. Undecided

Supposedly the rain is to stop in the morning so we may be putting out a less elaborate display this year.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-10-2015, 04:30 PM
(02-08-2015 05:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And you are in Massachusetts...while you are up to your behind in snow, I might dig out a sweater. Tongue

Sweater? I don't even break out the long sleeved shirts until January. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus