Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
Loooving fall! 56°F right now. I could not be happier!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2015, 06:20 PM
(30-10-2015 04:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-08-2015 05:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And you are in Massachusetts...while you are up to your behind in snow, I might dig out a sweater. Tongue

Sweater? I don't even break out the long sleeved shirts until January. Tongue

You are a little better insulated than I am. I am wearing a long sleeved shirt today but that's because it's freezing in the office where I work. If I wouldn't have had to go to work, I wouldn't be in long sleeves today...and probably not till about December.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-10-2015, 06:57 PM
Every couple of days it's a 40-degree swing. I appreciate warm days as a human. As a clarinet player and pianist, please make it stop. I can't get or stay in tune. [/b]
30-10-2015, 07:55 PM
(30-10-2015 04:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-10-2015 04:23 PM)kim Wrote:  So Anj ... uh ... how's your lawn?
You know .... lawn ... that green stuff under that lake surrounding your house? Dodgy

Not that it's any consolation but, it looks like it might be breaking up a bit. I think come of it is coming up here to Kansas ... it's been a wet day but nothing like what you got. Shy

Steady rain since early this morning. Rained most of last weekend. Still not quite catching up to the months of not so much as a drizzle.

Not sure how Halloween will turn out. First the ground was too hard to put any of the decorations out, now it's so soupy they will fall over and we will be electrocuted when we try to put up lights. Undecided

Supposedly the rain is to stop in the morning so we may be putting out a less elaborate display this year.

We've got a little flooding where I am, west of Austin, and the ground is saturated. Any rain we get tonight will hit the canyons.

Thankfully, I'm on high ground, with the Pedernales and its 80' deep canyon a couple of hundred yards away.
30-10-2015, 08:35 PM
The nice steady, soaking rain we had all day just turned into holy shit it's monsooning out there!!!!!!!

I had my headphones on and didn't hear it...nervous dog started pacing, I got up to go to the kitchen and the rain was coming in the living room window. Whoops...

I blame Thump - he sent it here from down Austin way. Dodgy

Tongue

Off to get a Benedryl for Lady before she has heart failure over the sound of the wind and rain.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

27-11-2015, 05:33 PM
29 degrees, ice falling from the sky, and I have to drive in it for at least 4 or 5 hours. Fuk. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-11-2015, 05:36 PM
It's so disgustingly muggy and hot here for the last week or so.
Fuck off heat, fuck off to Australia where you belong.

I want my nice 20 degrees back thank you very much.

[Image: oscar.png]
27-11-2015, 08:43 PM
It was 64° in the shade today, and minimal clouds to cool it off.
28-11-2015, 07:30 AM
Officially the most rain in November based on amounts measured at DFW airport. Also the most rain in a calendar year since they started keeping records.

Forecast for the next two days - nearly constant rain. Facepalm

Hope this house will float. Undecided

28-11-2015, 09:57 AM
Surviving the Ice Capades out on the turnpike was easy compared to avoiding the traffic.

Undecided
Attention humans of the United States: when there are posted ice warnings and advisories to only drive in emergency situations... STAY OFF THE FUCKING ROADS.

Consider
Maybe there's some kind of post hipnotic suggestion where, when someone says "ice warnings", certain susceptible people will automatically go out, get in their cars and proceed to drive aimlessly.

A casual conspiracy to randomly cull the masses...?

Angry I will not be taken out dressed in brown!

26F degrees. Time to thaw my frozen ass. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post