Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(28-11-2015 09:57 AM)kim Wrote:  Surviving the Ice Capades out on the turnpike was easy compared to avoiding the traffic.

Undecided
Attention humans of the United States: when there are posted ice warnings and advisories to only drive in emergency situations... STAY OFF THE FUCKING ROADS.

Consider
Maybe there's some kind of post hipnotic suggestion where, when someone says "ice warnings", certain susceptible people will automatically go out, get in their cars and proceed to drive aimlessly.

A casual conspiracy to randomly cull the masses...?

Angry I will not be taken out dressed in brown!

26F degrees. Time to thaw my frozen ass. Drinking Beverage

Stay safe out there - the snow/ice line is northwest of us and I hope it stays there. I have to venture out shortly but will not have to navigate ice...just perhaps some flooded streets...oh, and idiots...but they are always in the way.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2015, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2015 11:55 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Mid-30s to wake up this morning, it's about 40°F now, and it's rained all night long, just over an inch according to the local map; it only let up about two hours ago. From my porch:

[Image: 21drepd.jpg]
28-11-2015, 11:51 AM
(28-11-2015 09:57 AM)kim Wrote:  Surviving the Ice Capades out on the turnpike was easy compared to avoiding the traffic.

Undecided
Attention humans of the United States: when there are posted ice warnings and advisories to only drive in emergency situations... STAY OFF THE FUCKING ROADS.

Consider
Maybe there's some kind of post hipnotic suggestion where, when someone says "ice warnings", certain susceptible people will automatically go out, get in their cars and proceed to drive aimlessly.

A casual conspiracy to randomly cull the masses...?

Angry I will not be taken out dressed in brown!

26F degrees. Time to thaw my frozen ass. Drinking Beverage

Missing thanksgiving with my family today because of this shit. If it was just me I'd be on the road, but with the kids we decided to play it safe. Poo.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
28-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Having lived in Alaska for a little under 4 years, I really shouldn't complain about the rain and cold.

But here in Indiana, it's been raining, non-stop, for two days. It is cold. It is miserable. I have to work with sappy wet Christmas trees. And my boots have holes in them.

MAKE IT STOP

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
29-11-2015, 11:21 AM
[img][Image: rain_zps0zrk7tdv.jpg][/img]

It's still raining...Angry

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-11-2015, 10:41 PM
It's colder than a whore's heart here in Colorado -- 19F and snowing. It's been snowing for three fucking days. This is unfair. A week ago it was in the 50s and 60s.
29-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Still raining. Weeping

30-11-2015, 05:23 PM
It's stopped. There is no weather.

It's a bit cold - 35F degrees at 5:30pm, isn't bad.

All clear.... so far. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-11-2015, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2015 05:32 PM by Black Eagle.)
Jesus Kim, where do you live?

Oh wait, that's a hyphen and not a minus sign. So, it's +35 F.
30-11-2015, 05:32 PM
(30-11-2015 05:23 PM)kim Wrote:  It's stopped. There is no weather.

It's a bit cold - 35F degrees at 5:30pm, isn't bad.

All clear.... so far. Drinking Beverage

-35F a bit cold?

I 2nd Black Eagle’s query, where the hell are you? Upper Saskatchewan?

ps I see what happened.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce