Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2015, 03:59 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(12-11-2014 06:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  We can't do anything about it but that doesn't mean we can't complain about it.

Was 31 degrees when I woke up this morning. High today is only supposed to get around 44 - with the wind it will feel much cooler.

I think I must have slept through fall - pretty much went straight from summer to winter. Dodgy I love fall weather but it needs to last long enough for me to notice it. Sadcryface

Don't know where you are, but growing up in Minnesnowta mid December was always full winter. If you want to get away from such temps, come sit on the beach with me in the Dominican Republic. 348 days a year we have beach weather!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Two weeks of constant rain. We have a guest, an online friend of one of my daughters that is visiting us here in Oregon. She's from Indiana, and wouldn't you know, it's rained the entire time she's been here. Our sump pump is working overtime.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-12-2015, 05:29 PM
(13-12-2015 03:59 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(12-11-2014 06:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  We can't do anything about it but that doesn't mean we can't complain about it.

Was 31 degrees when I woke up this morning. High today is only supposed to get around 44 - with the wind it will feel much cooler.

I think I must have slept through fall - pretty much went straight from summer to winter. Dodgy I love fall weather but it needs to last long enough for me to notice it. Sadcryface

Don't know where you are, but growing up in Minnesnowta mid December was always full winter. If you want to get away from such temps, come sit on the beach with me in the Dominican Republic. 348 days a year we have beach weather!

I bet the skiing sucks. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2015, 05:33 PM
(13-12-2015 03:59 PM)DerFish Wrote:  

I grew up in Iowa...headed south as soon as I could. I freaking hate winter weather.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
26-12-2015, 08:30 PM
Awww....Christmas time in north Texas...just watched a tornado pass behind the houses across the street from us a little while ago. Went to my son' house to check on their dog because son and girlfriend were huddled in the hallway of a Dallas restaurant 'celebrating' their anniversary as the storm went through that area. Drove to daughter's house to find them all huddled in the bathroom.

75 degrees...supposed to be 35 by tomorrow night.

Goofy damn weather...there's possibly more storms heading this way tonight. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-12-2015, 09:01 PM
Fuckity, fuck, fuck. Angry

The forecast for Quebec/Vermont/New Hampshire was 40's into next week, but now there's snow and freezing rain forecast for Quebec tonight and tomorrow. Monday's below freezing and Tuesday's a snow storm.

I have to make it out of Quebec tomorrow morning before it gets bad. I haven't put the snow tires on yet because there was no fucking snow forecast. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
27-12-2015, 08:00 PM
It's currently -18°C here in Winnipeg. We've had a month of above-average temperatures, and then normal December weather hit us just in the last couple of days. Bit of a shock to go from balmy to "Damn, I hope the car starts!" (and yes, the car starts fine -- I might have to plug it in once it gets down into the -25°C range, though).
27-12-2015, 08:18 PM
A very mild 20C here in Sydney but the sun is out.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-12-2015, 08:19 PM
(26-12-2015 09:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Fuckity, fuck, fuck. Angry

The forecast for Quebec/Vermont/New Hampshire was 40's into next week, but now there's snow and freezing rain forecast for Quebec tonight and tomorrow. Monday's below freezing and Tuesday's a snow storm.

I have to make it out of Quebec tomorrow morning before it gets bad. I haven't put the snow tires on yet because there was no fucking snow forecast. Weeping

Good luck, Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-12-2015, 08:31 PM
[Image: ice_warning.png]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze