Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2015, 08:23 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
It's now 1.22 am and I am sitting in my underpants.

I love Australia. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2015, 08:31 AM
(28-12-2015 06:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  [img][Image: Tornado%20path_zpsc5t4favg.jpg][/img]

This was Saturday evening/night here. We live just northwest of the top of the solid line of the tornado's path. Since then we have had steady thunderstorms but the temps have dropped into the 30s and there is a chance for snow now.

We didn't have any damage, thankfully.

OK, you win the weathernet. My sleet and freezing rain doesn't hold a candle to that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-12-2015, 05:37 PM
(28-12-2015 08:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 06:46 AM)Anjele Wrote:  [img][Image: Tornado%20path_zpsc5t4favg.jpg][/img]

This was Saturday evening/night here. We live just northwest of the top of the solid line of the tornado's path. Since then we have had steady thunderstorms but the temps have dropped into the 30s and there is a chance for snow now.

OK, you win the weathernet. My sleet and freezing rain doesn't hold a candle to that.

A few snow flurries really early this morning...the worst thing is the damn wind...the wind chill factor was around 22 degrees...Saturday we had the air conditioner on. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-12-2015, 06:32 PM

I'm glad you're okay. A distant relative of ours (I don't know him, but my aunt does) had his car blown off of a bridge and died; his wife is in the hospital. It sounds like a very scary weather situation down there.
28-12-2015, 09:13 PM
(28-12-2015 06:32 PM)julep Wrote:  

I'm glad you're okay. A distant relative of ours (I don't know him, but my aunt does) had his car blown off of a bridge and died; his wife is in the hospital. It sounds like a very scary weather situation down there.

I heard about that accident on the news. Surprisingly, most of the deaths were car accidents as the tornado came to very busy intersection of an interstate and a toll road that is about 8 miles from where I live. I am sorry for the loss and hope that the lady survives her injuries.

If you look at the map I posted, I live in Wylie...way, way too close to the path this storm took. There are a lot of people who are homeless now as the houses hit in Rockwall are pretty much total losses. How no one died in those areas is a shock.

There are many efforts to provide goods and services to the people affected as well as organizations who are finding pets that got lost during the storm and housing them while trying to find their owners.

To make the whole situation worse is all the rain since and the rapid fall in temperature. It's a mess.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-12-2015, 09:45 PM
I think we have had over 5 inches of rain...

“Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
― Optimus Prime
29-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Yesterday on the north side of the house! Angry

[Image: IMG_20151228_155801485_zpswx1ffpj6.jpg]

Today on the south side! Bad picture, but you can just see my neighbor's & my dueling DirecTV dishes! Laugh out load And more snow! Weeping

[Image: IMG_20151229_085337800_zpsqpbkxffa.jpg]

It's sunny out tho, so maybe it'll all melt today! Big Grin

01-01-2016, 05:40 PM
It's too cold. I'm ready for summer! I'm not a winter girl. I love my hot 90 degree weather! Smile
02-01-2016, 09:23 AM
(01-01-2016 05:40 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  It's too cold. I'm ready for summer! I'm not a winter girl. I love my hot 90 degree weather! Smile

Yeah, cold wet and grey here, I agree roll on summer.
02-01-2016, 09:57 AM
(02-01-2016 09:23 AM)Thewonderer Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 05:40 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  It's too cold. I'm ready for summer! I'm not a winter girl. I love my hot 90 degree weather! Smile

Yeah, cold wet and grey here, I agree roll on summer.

Cold and wet is the worst! It makes me wanna stay inside all day and sleep.
[+] 1 user Likes musicharmony87's post