Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2014, 12:46 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
Can I gripe about gripping about the weather? Seriously not many things bother me more than people in social situations griping about the weather just to say something.

I love all weather and it's glorious shifts Tongue

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2014, 12:50 PM
(19-11-2014 12:46 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Can I gripe about gripping about the weather? Seriously not many things bother me more than people in social situations griping about the weather just to say something.

I love all weather and it's glorious shifts Tongue

You can grip the weather all you want...now leave...you are not keeping with the spirit of this thread. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-11-2014, 12:52 PM
I can't imagine ever complaining about rain or snow after 3 of the driest winters on record... starting up number 4. My weather forecast shows 0% chance of precipitation, low humidity (still a good chance of forest fires), highs in the 60's, lows in the 30's... what I would give for some rain... Sadcryface2

[Image: ikfzsw3pcqz8.jpg?itok=0ysVveX1]

"Currently" was end of July this year, it's actually gotten even worse since then.

I'm located about 100 southwest of Death Valley, still desert, no rain. Usually we see snow on the mountains this time a year, then studies like this come out... AngryCensored
[Image: Final-US-bottling-map_4.jpg]

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
19-11-2014, 12:57 PM
(19-11-2014 12:52 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  I can't imagine ever complaining about rain or snow after 3 of the driest winters on record... starting up number 4. My weather forecast shows 0% chance of precipitation, low humidity (still a good chance of forest fires), highs in the 60's, lows in the 30's... what I would give for some rain... Sadcryface2

"Currently" was end of July this year, it's actually gotten even worse since then.

I'm located about 100 southwest of Death Valley, still desert, no rain. Usually we see snow on the mountains this time a year, then studies like this come out... AngryCensored

We are in drought conditions here in Texas too. I know we really need the rain - it's crucial to keep the ground from shifting and our house cracking again - along with other reasons for needing rain.

I remember when I could bring on the rain by washing my car. Now I bring on the rain by making an appointment to get the dogs groomed. Nothing undoes a paid grooming like sticky, black, clay-like, Texas soil after a good rain.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-11-2014, 01:12 PM
High today is -9C, low -15 (16F/5F)

Four inches of snow on the ground.

Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
19-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Why can't we have global cooling? As awesome as the idea of a nice beach house in Antarctica sounds, I'd rather just be skiing all year in Hawaii.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
19-11-2014, 02:12 PM
(19-11-2014 12:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 12:52 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  I can't imagine ever complaining about rain or snow after 3 of the driest winters on record... starting up number 4. My weather forecast shows 0% chance of precipitation, low humidity (still a good chance of forest fires), highs in the 60's, lows in the 30's... what I would give for some rain... Sadcryface2

We are in drought conditions here in Texas too. I know we really need the rain - it's crucial to keep the ground from shifting and our house cracking again - along with other reasons for needing rain.

I remember when I could bring on the rain by washing my car. Now I bring on the rain by making an appointment to get the dogs groomed. Nothing undoes a paid grooming like sticky, black, clay-like, Texas soil after a good rain.

The ground shifts without the rain? I didn't know that but it makes sense. How much shifting are we talking about.

Meanwhile, in the Great Northwest the wind is gusting to 35 miles per hour with the temps in the mid to low 30's and there is rain on the way tomorrow and most of next week.

Around here the winter sun is called a "sunbreak". The usual Portland cloudy day is briefly interrupted by an occasional glimpse of the sun, hence...sunbreak.

There is also something called an Oregon Tan. It looks similar to this .....

[Image: O2KbbNT.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-11-2014, 02:41 PM
It's winter again already FML Weeping

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
19-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I love how I have to dick around on campus from 12-8 in freezing weather on college days. So fun. Wouldn't want to spend my days any other way.
19-11-2014, 04:19 PM
(19-11-2014 02:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 12:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We are in drought conditions here in Texas too. I know we really need the rain - it's crucial to keep the ground from shifting and our house cracking again - along with other reasons for needing rain.

The ground shifts without the rain? I didn't know that but it makes sense. How much shifting are we talking about.

Meanwhile, in the Great Northwest the wind is gusting to 35 miles per hour with the temps in the mid to low 30's and there is rain on the way tomorrow and most of next week.

Around here the winter sun is called a "sunbreak". The usual Portland cloudy day is briefly interrupted by an occasional glimpse of the sun, hence...sunbreak.

There is also something called an Oregon Tan. It looks similar to this .....

[Image: O2KbbNT.jpg]

Cost us 5K to get one corner of the house shored up and now we need the opposite corner shored up. Walls crack, windows break, uneven floor...have about a four foot crack down one wall right now and several doors that don't close right. And the garage floor is cracked - rain would be appreciated - raining money appreciated even more. Undecided