Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2016, 08:08 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
It's been cool in the 50's the last four days and very windy. It needs to stop. The wind and the pollen is killing me. Blah!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2016, 08:45 AM
We have been outside cleaning up glass and picking up bits of plastic, splintered wood, and other debris. We may have to pull the carpet up upstairs. Glass shattered in with such force that I don't know that it can be cleaned enough to be safe.

The contractor is here tarping the roof and has put plywood over some windows. Of course it's supposed to rain. Undecided More and more water damage is showing up on the ceiling and walls. No rental cars to be had but I do have an appointment to get a new windshield. At least my car will have a nice windshield and tires...the rest of it is a mess.

[img][Image: Windshield_zpsnr23uvbw.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: hood_zpsknurhr03.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: kitchen%20window_zpsymvnv3qe.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-04-2016, 08:50 AM
[img][Image: yard_zpsapg5x0lw.jpg][/img]

The hail hit with such force that it left holes in the yard.

[img][Image: hail%20divots_zpsx82ykuor.jpg][/img]

The water in the pool was splashing at least eight feet high...poor picture as it was taken though a window on the back door.

[img][Image: hail%20hitting%20water_zpsbipiv9i1.jpg][/img]

Water coming from the ceiling, just one area this was happening.

[img][Image: water%20pouring%20in%20from%20ceiling_zpsutjaoghd.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-04-2016, 08:54 AM
That is absolutely insane Anj. I'm so sorry. I wish I could come help you clean up.
12-04-2016, 04:09 PM
That was some dangerous hail! I would be horrified at the sound alone! Sadcryface

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-04-2016, 05:33 PM
Wow, Anj. That sucks! Glad you're okay.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
16-04-2016, 07:38 AM
Four inches of rain forecast over the next few days.

If you suddenly don't hear from me...send help. I doubt the ceiling can hold any more water. Another storm will be a third deductible for new damage.

So far, there has been no mention of aid for this town. Makes me wonder about ever helping anyone else in the future.

And...insurance companies can just go fuck themselves. We haven't even been able to start work on the house following the storm on 3/23...now we have to pay another deductible for the storm on 4/11. When our ceiling falls in and ruins everything else I suppose we can just plan to pay another deductible. We have never even been late with a homeowners premium payment but by god they want their money back and want to cut corners on repairs. We pay for years in good faith to get absolutely fucked when we need them.

24-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Sirens went off a few times tonight. Tornado was confirmed pretty close to us and heading this way.

We just got some hail and torrential rain, but avoided any real action. My bro in law and his hipster neighbors came over for shelter and we had a pretty good time hanging out. Got some much needed moisture and all is well. They brought their cat and there was almost a cat fight in our basement, so that was fun.

Exited about spring storms, but tonight was a little too close for comfort....or not, I rather enjoyed it. As long as it doesn't get as close as Anj got.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
25-04-2016, 05:10 AM
Went from springtime temperatures to "fucking cold" during the weekend here (0C). Huge bubble of Arctic air coming from north pole via Scandinavia.

Was so bad that it actually kinda started to snow when Airforce One was on its final approach on Hannover airport yesterday. Tongue

I am sure our american fundamentalists have someting to say about that (end is nigh, Obama = two hooves, stuff like that).

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
25-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Our trap match tomorrow is at a club whose trap field faces west into the setting sun, so I've been praying for a cloudy day. Yes

Tomorrow is going to be cloudy. Smile
It's also going to be 40°F and raining. Angry

It must be because I'm an atheist and hate God. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post