Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
So ... six months ago we were all hot as hell. Up in the nineties and one hundreds.
I'll take that shit any day over this cold shit I'm in now.

Oh look, 12 degrees ... isn't that just fucking cute. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Was 73 here late yesterday morning. The bottom fell out on the temp and we went down to 19 degrees as of about 6 this morning. We have now 'warmed' up to 29. The wind has been blowing like crazy so I don't know what the wind chill is and don't intend to go outside to find out.

The high tomorrow is forecast for 32.

At least there's no hail, though the water in the bird bath is frozen solid...there are even little frozen wakes from the wind that solidified the water in mid-motion.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
18-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Hi,

I just can't complain. This week we have had 10 degrees and dry roads. For the UK in late December this is perfect - biking weather!

Thumbsup

D.
18-12-2016, 04:22 PM
Friday: 10 degrees, horrible winds. I had to drive around in it: 90 miles. Saturday: 25 degrees, snowstorm, ice. Drive: 180 miles. Today: 55 degrees, no wind, most of snow is melted. Drive: 15 miles.

The crappier the weather, the more I have to be out and about. Something's not right about that.
18-12-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm over the weather.

Like totally.

It can all go away, I've got too much shit to do for the holiday and other shit going on....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-12-2016, 05:16 PM
We still have half a tree that fell over in the back yard in the recent ice storm. It's still half covered in snow. We'll get to it sometime soon.Confused

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-12-2016, 08:03 PM
(18-12-2016 05:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We still have half a tree that fell over in the back yard in the recent ice storm. It's still half covered in snow. We'll get to it sometime soon.Confused

Sometime Soon... ten years later...
18-12-2016, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2016 09:43 AM by Fireball.)
The wind is blowing to beat the band where I'm at, and the temps are going to drop into the 30s, Fahrenheit. I'll have to see what that means with the windchill. Our furnace was running at 3 PM, with a log in the fire place. That's not happened in the 14 years I've lived here. I'm gonna have to wear pajamas tonight!

Update- it's in the high 40s. What a disappointment. Not.
19-12-2016, 08:00 AM
[Image: 1ewcia.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-12-2016, 04:21 PM
We've had significant snow on each of the last three weekends (about 21 inches total), with bitter cold last week (between storms) and again yesterday and today. The high temperature yesterday was around zero Fahrenheit.

Winter officially starts Wednesday. I guess it can't be much worse than "pre-winter" has been. This is actually pretty normal winter weather for my area (southern Wisconsin) -- it's just a little early this year. We will definitely be having a White Christmas.