Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2014, 05:07 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(19-11-2014 12:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 12:52 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  I can't imagine ever complaining about rain or snow after 3 of the driest winters on record... starting up number 4. My weather forecast shows 0% chance of precipitation, low humidity (still a good chance of forest fires), highs in the 60's, lows in the 30's... what I would give for some rain... Sadcryface2

[Image: ikfzsw3pcqz8.jpg?itok=0ysVveX1]

"Currently" was end of July this year, it's actually gotten even worse since then.

I'm located about 100 southwest of Death Valley, still desert, no rain. Usually we see snow on the mountains this time a year, then studies like this come out... AngryCensored
[Image: Final-US-bottling-map_4.jpg]

We are in drought conditions here in Texas too. I know we really need the rain - it's crucial to keep the ground from shifting and our house cracking again - along with other reasons for needing rain.

I remember when I could bring on the rain by washing my car. Now I bring on the rain by making an appointment to get the dogs groomed. Nothing undoes a paid grooming like sticky, black, clay-like, Texas soil after a good rain.

Ah... and here I haven't been washing my car since we are in a drought and they want us to conserve water. Maybe I'll just solve this crisis myself and go give my poor filthy girl a wash. Great idea! Hah... if only. Undecided

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Cold and sunny here. It was supposed to rain today. I feel let down.
19-11-2014, 05:53 PM
(19-11-2014 05:09 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Cold and sunny here. It was supposed to rain today. I feel let down.

It's raining here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-11-2014, 05:56 PM
(19-11-2014 05:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 05:09 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Cold and sunny here. It was supposed to rain today. I feel let down.

It's raining here.

We need a fist shaking smiley so I can respond appropriately to how much I envy you right now.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
19-11-2014, 06:04 PM
(19-11-2014 05:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 05:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's raining here.

We need a fist shaking smiley so I can respond appropriately to how much I envy you right now.

Good luck with that; I've been called for one for years.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-11-2014, 06:06 PM
I wish it was raining here.. if I could play the song of storms and make it rain when I wanted it would be raining a lot... I'd probably go out southwest through and help out Cali and... but not Texas, not until they stop praying for rain.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
19-11-2014, 06:10 PM
(12-11-2014 07:14 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yeah it's a balmy 16 here with the wind still blowing. Angry

Tell me about it! It's that useless, treeless, ocean of wheat to our northwest that fails to stop the wind coming at us! Angry
I could do cold, easy, but it's not JUST cold!!! Blows your hoodie off, invades the front of your shirt! Wind is for the birds... Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
19-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Unsure I have a feeling this is going to be a baaaaad winter Undecided

pictures of the snow in NY

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
19-11-2014, 08:11 PM
(19-11-2014 07:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Unsure I have a feeling this is going to be a baaaaad winter Undecided

No....there is no global warming...really....
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
19-11-2014, 08:15 PM
(19-11-2014 07:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Unsure I have a feeling this is going to be a baaaaad winter Undecided

I don't remember this last summer being really hot for more than a week at a time! I was hoping winter would be the same way, but it's COLD out! Granted it took till November to achieve it, but I got a bad feelin, too Sad