Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2017, 01:28 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
We're expecting more ice and sleet tonight around 5pm. Guess I get to work out tomorrow in the apartment, because the roads are going to be crap.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2017, 01:30 PM
(11-01-2017 01:28 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  We're expecting more ice and sleet tonight around 5pm. Guess I get to work out tomorrow in the apartment, because the roads are going to be crap.

Not me -- I'll be walking home tonight in whatever slop we get, and then walking to work tomorrow morning in it (plus it's supposed to be around zero tomorrow morning). The weather this week is really sucking.
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2017, 01:31 PM
(11-01-2017 01:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was snapping pictures from my dining room window, and a coyote showed up.

While it was kinda cool, I'm still over this shit.

Did the coyote smile and pose for you?

Tongue
11-01-2017, 01:33 PM
(11-01-2017 01:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 01:28 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  We're expecting more ice and sleet tonight around 5pm. Guess I get to work out tomorrow in the apartment, because the roads are going to be crap.

Not me -- I'll be walking home tonight in whatever slop we get, and then walking to work tomorrow morning in it (plus it's supposed to be around zero tomorrow morning). The weather this week is really sucking.

Really have to agree with you on that. At least we're not going to have another day of those heavy winds like yesterday afternoon to evening though; did some real damage here to a few businesses. The walking to work thing sounds like a good perk of living near where you work too; plus avoiding the mostly undertreated roads in favor of sidewalks people get fined for not working on. Also, true shame about your umbrella in the weather the other day. Sad

11-01-2017, 01:51 PM
(11-01-2017 01:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 01:26 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was snapping pictures from my dining room window, and a coyote showed up.

Tongue

He saw me but kept moving along. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-01-2017, 01:57 PM
(11-01-2017 01:33 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 01:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Not me -- I'll be walking home tonight in whatever slop we get, and then walking to work tomorrow morning in it (plus it's supposed to be around zero tomorrow morning). The weather this week is really sucking.

Really have to agree with you on that. At least we're not going to have another day of those heavy winds like yesterday afternoon to evening though; did some real damage here to a few businesses. The walking to work thing sounds like a good perk of living near where you work too; plus avoiding the mostly undertreated roads in favor of sidewalks people get fined for not working on. Also, true shame about your umbrella in the weather the other day. Sad

Actually, the sidewalk/road thing is the other way around here. Either Madison doesn't fine people for not taking care of their sidewalks, or people don't care, because most of the sidewalks have been in terrible shape this week. This morning, I walked the entire 4 miles to work in the road, because most of the sidewalks were covered with ice -- either from yesterday's freezing rain, or from snow melting and running onto the sidewalk, and then refreezing. They will be icy like that until we have an extended thaw, which might not be until March or April. Meanwhile, the roads here are in pretty good shape.
11-01-2017, 01:59 PM
(11-01-2017 01:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 01:33 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Really have to agree with you on that. At least we're not going to have another day of those heavy winds like yesterday afternoon to evening though; did some real damage here to a few businesses. The walking to work thing sounds like a good perk of living near where you work too; plus avoiding the mostly undertreated roads in favor of sidewalks people get fined for not working on. Also, true shame about your umbrella in the weather the other day. Sad

Actually, the sidewalk/road thing is the other way around here. Either Madison doesn't fine people for not taking care of their sidewalks, or people don't care, because most of the sidewalks have been in terrible shape this week. This morning, I walked the entire 4 miles to work in the road, because most of the sidewalks were covered with ice -- either from yesterday's freezing rain, or from snow melting and running onto the sidewalk, and then refreezing. They will be icy like that until we have an extended thaw, which might not be until March or April. Meanwhile, the roads here are in pretty good shape.

Holy crap, I'm sorry. Screw that. Especially since you'll get hit again tonight with more bad stuff. I think they must fine people here in the southeastern corner, because a friend who teaches philosophy had the city get on him about not clearing his sidewalk in time recently (he had been home visiting family in Florida when the snow and ice hit).

11-01-2017, 02:02 PM
(11-01-2017 01:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 01:33 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Really have to agree with you on that. At least we're not going to have another day of those heavy winds like yesterday afternoon to evening though; did some real damage here to a few businesses. The walking to work thing sounds like a good perk of living near where you work too; plus avoiding the mostly undertreated roads in favor of sidewalks people get fined for not working on. Also, true shame about your umbrella in the weather the other day. Sad

We have a second story deck, which was shoveled now that the snow has stopped. Too much weight and the deck is kinda old.

But we haven't done the front walk, driveway or sidewalk. No one really bothers. Our mail is delivered to boxes at the end of the street. I'm not expecting anything (it's our slower time of the month), so it can really sit there until it's safe (probably Sunday).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-01-2017, 02:08 PM
(11-01-2017 02:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 01:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Actually, the sidewalk/road thing is the other way around here. Either Madison doesn't fine people for not taking care of their sidewalks, or people don't care, because most of the sidewalks have been in terrible shape this week. This morning, I walked the entire 4 miles to work in the road, because most of the sidewalks were covered with ice -- either from yesterday's freezing rain, or from snow melting and running onto the sidewalk, and then refreezing. They will be icy like that until we have an extended thaw, which might not be until March or April. Meanwhile, the roads here are in pretty good shape.

We have a second story deck, which was shoveled now that the snow has stopped. Too much weight and the deck is kinda old.

But we haven't done the front walk, driveway or sidewalk. No one really bothers. Our mail is delivered to boxes at the end of the street. I'm not expecting anything (it's our slower time of the month), so it can really sit there until it's safe (probably Sunday).

Getting the deck sounds like it was a good idea if it's kinda old...heh. A friend once didn't and the results were...sub-optimal? I think that's the polite way to say "it collapsed and thankfully no one was on it".

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
11-01-2017, 02:10 PM
(11-01-2017 01:31 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Tongue

He was probably just passing through on his way to Acme. Wink
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post