Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2017, 09:38 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
It keeps going back and forth between around -20 w/snow and just warm enough for some melting to occur. The result is that if my work schedule causes me to miss a particular transitional window, I end up having to chip pieces of ice off my driveway instead of shoveling snow.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2017, 07:00 PM
It's been one heck of a day, weather-wise: Blowing snow, bitter cold and ice fog. When I got to the bus stop at 7:30 this morning, we couldn't even see the lights on the bus until it was 2 short blocks away. Normally we can see it coming half a mile down the road.

Tonight is shaping up to be pretty nasty, too.

I'm exhausted from tensing up against the cold, doing penguin impersonations as I waddle down bumpy, snowy and sometimes icy sidewalks rushing from building to bus stop, or vice versa.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2017, 08:47 AM
It was 4 F when we got up yesterday at my sister's place. it warmed up to 17 by the afternoon. I headed out to go home late in the afternoon and took thye scenic route up the river canyon 10 miles away. It immediately dropped back down to 4 as we drove on. A river of cold air was flowing down canyon from the north.
13-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Canadians, rejoice: Climatologist says winter is halfway done
13-01-2017, 09:12 AM
28C at 2 am. I think the house is hotter due to the bricks being cooked. Makes it hard to sleep.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-01-2017, 10:17 AM
There must be some way to turn those hot bricks into a pizza oven. At least if you can't sleep you can have a snack.

Rumour has it that in the upcoming days we won't be freezing our private parts off quite as severely here in Winnipeg -- but in the meantime I got my thermal tights out of storage and legs were not nearly as unhappy while waiting for the bus this morning.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
13-01-2017, 11:00 AM
(13-01-2017 08:51 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Canadians, rejoice: Climatologist says winter is halfway done

Pffft -- winter is never "done" in Canada. It just takes a break for a few weeks.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
13-01-2017, 11:08 AM
For me --some cold weather is a necessity....... I make maple syrup -- and the ground needs a good hard freezing to get the tree's attention.....

Without a good hard freeze, you don't get a good sugar content to the sap. This means that you have to boil more water to get to the proper concentration of sugar.

This punk winter shit - where it barely freezes for a few days -- then warms right back up, ain't cutting it.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-01-2017, 01:15 PM
(13-01-2017 11:00 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 08:51 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Canadians, rejoice: Climatologist says winter is halfway done

Pffft -- winter is never "done" in Canada. It just takes a break for a few weeks.

Yeah, 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad sledding.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-01-2017, 03:42 PM
The temperature states 26 degrees. Feels to me like 6 degrees. Dodgy

Guess I'll just make sure to stock up at the wine store. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein