Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2017, 07:18 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(15-01-2017 07:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Snow is supposed to melt and a big tropical storm is heading our way which will cause big flooding. Fun times.

Springtime. I'm ready for springtime.

I know, but the upside is that our temps are supposed to go up to the high 40s even gasp..50. But I'm concerned about the wind that's supposed to come with it. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2017, 07:33 PM
(15-01-2017 07:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 07:14 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Snow is supposed to melt and a big tropical storm is heading our way which will cause big flooding. Fun times.

Springtime. I'm ready for springtime.

I know, but the upside is that our temps are supposed to go up to the high 40s even gasp..50. But I'm concerned about the wind that's supposed to come with it. Dodgy

Shit, more wind? Which direction is it blowing. We've been dealing with 25 to 35 mph east winds out here for days. If it's more of tropical storm the winds usually come from the west which is more your side of town. Some of the trees around this area have been weakened so that's a worry.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-01-2017, 07:51 PM
(15-01-2017 07:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 07:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know, but the upside is that our temps are supposed to go up to the high 40s even gasp..50. But I'm concerned about the wind that's supposed to come with it. Dodgy

Shit, more wind? Which direction is it blowing. We've been dealing with 25 to 35 mph east winds out here for days. If it's more of tropical storm the winds usually come from the west which is more your side of town. Some of the trees around this area have been weakened so that's a worry.

I believe they said south east winds...Which is bad for us, but the rain is coming they keep saying and yeah saw the flood warnings.

15-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Hail likely within about half an hour. FML

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-01-2017, 08:07 PM
(15-01-2017 08:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hail likely within about half an hour. FML

Stay safe. Hope it's not too bad.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
15-01-2017, 08:53 PM
(13-01-2017 04:36 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 03:42 PM)kim Wrote:  The temperature states 26 degrees. Feels to me like 6 degrees. Dodgy

Guess I'll just make sure to stock up at the wine store. Drinking Beverage

You better stock up on more than that! You're relatively close to KC, I remember, and so is Evenheathen. Rocket is in Misery, too, so batten down the hatches, y'all.

Winter Storm Jupiter is scheduled to hit us, tonight! Huh

Yeah I stocked up for "iceaggedon". Rolleyes

We got a thin layer of ice on the trees and cars. Streets seemed to stay thawed, I was just out a bit ago and everything is just wet.

I suppose we got lucky, nothing like they were predicting. Temps stayed right at or right above freezing. Actually a lot milder than it has been lately.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
15-01-2017, 08:58 PM
(15-01-2017 08:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hail likely within about half an hour. FML

Oh shit you don't need that crap again.

I hope it fizzles into nothing.

15-01-2017, 08:59 PM
(15-01-2017 08:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 04:36 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You better stock up on more than that! You're relatively close to KC, I remember, and so is Evenheathen. Rocket is in Misery, too, so batten down the hatches, y'all.

Winter Storm Jupiter is scheduled to hit us, tonight! Huh

Yeah I stocked up for "iceaggedon". Rolleyes

We got a thin layer of ice on the trees and cars. Streets seemed to stay thawed, I was just out a bit ago and everything is just wet.

I suppose we got lucky, nothing like they were predicting. Temps stayed right at or right above freezing. Actually a lot milder than it has been lately.

Ice sucks I"m glad it missed you.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-01-2017, 09:03 PM
(15-01-2017 08:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yeah I stocked up for "iceaggedon". Rolleyes

Same here. Undecided It wasn't as cold that first night as the one before it, that I was out in. Dodgy

We were told the winter storm, named after the largest collection of bad weather in the solar system, was gonna come whoopin up in here, followed by the end times, to freeze hell over.

Shit, it's nice out! Totally dry, too, at that Chiefs game they decided to postpone the kick off of. Rolleyes

15-01-2017, 09:10 PM
(15-01-2017 09:03 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 08:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Yeah I stocked up for "iceaggedon". :rolleyes:

Same here. :-/ It wasn't as cold that first night as the one before it, that I was out in. :dodgy:

We were told the winter storm, named after the largest collection of bad weather in the solar system, was gonna come whoopin up in here, followed by the end times, to freeze hell over.

Shit, it's nice out! Totally dry, too, at that Chiefs game they decided to postpone the kick off of. :rolleyes:

Nice. Have fun!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco