Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(15-01-2017 09:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(15-01-2017 09:03 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Same here. Undecided It wasn't as cold that first night as the one before it, that I was out in. Dodgy

We were told the winter storm, named after the largest collection of bad weather in the solar system, was gonna come whoopin up in here, followed by the end times, to freeze hell over.

Shit, it's nice out! Totally dry, too, at that Chiefs game they decided to postpone the kick off of. Rolleyes

Nice. Have fun!

I ain't at the game, and they are loosing while looking bad doing it. Hobo
But I gots rum, so okay. Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
16-01-2017, 12:48 AM
Yep - just wet. So far. I guess we could still get some snow in the early hours and tomorrow.

What precipitation we do get, is supposed to stop around the time I head out to work tomorrow night. Good. I don't need shitty-weather-stress. Dodgy

I don't give two shits about the weather on the weekends but I've really come to hate doing my job when uh ... I can't fucking see to drive.

Yea, I know ... I'm just peevish that way. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
16-01-2017, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2017 03:16 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
It's been all over the place here in Hill Country the last ten days, from a high of 82F to a low of 19F. It's like Spring and Winter got drunk and forgot the condom.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-01-2017, 11:20 AM
I tried to go to school to work today on the state holiday...the university gives no craps, if there's no school. Which is even less, remarkably, than they usually do. I got there to see nothing but ice on the parking lot, opened my door, put a foot out, and slid it across my entire reach...unable to even begin to pull myself out of the car, pulled the foot back in and drove home.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
16-01-2017, 01:05 PM
(15-01-2017 07:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thunder and lightning and we are under a tornado watch till midnight. Weeping

Hope everything is ok.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-01-2017, 01:07 PM
(16-01-2017 04:55 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  It;s been all over the place here in Hill Country the last ten days, from a high of 82F to a low of 19F. It's like Spring and Winter got drunk and forgot the condom.

Good one!!!

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2017, 01:43 PM
This is the current radar for the plains states ...
[Image: current%20radar_zpsmnw6ujmf.jpg]

I'm just now under the green blob hovering over the right half portion of Kansas. Lotta moisture in this. It's necessary for the Ogallala so, I'm ok with it. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
16-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Looking at that map -- and posting this from my porch in fairly temperate conditions -- I feel a touch guilty about my earlier whining.

Well, not really. [Image: 111jneg.jpg]
16-01-2017, 05:35 PM
We got about three inches of rain last night...lots of thunder and lightning and some wind. Most of the damaging stuff happened well west of us. I live in the far NE corner of the Metroplex. We, luckily, didn't get he hail or tornadoes that we were warned about.

My drive to work this morning was in a really thick fog but the sun came out and burned that off and took the temps to the mid 60s. I think it's supposed to be about ten degrees cooler tomorrow.

I made it nearly six decades without a fear of storms...now I get a little tense. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-01-2017, 05:59 PM
(16-01-2017 05:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We got about three inches of rain last night...lots of thunder and lightning and some wind. Most of the damaging stuff happened well west of us. I live in the far NE corner of the Metroplex. We, luckily, didn't get he hail or tornadoes that we were warned about.

My drive to work this morning was in a really thick fog but the sun came out and burned that off and took the temps to the mid 60s. I think it's supposed to be about ten degrees cooler tomorrow.

I made it nearly six decades without a fear of storms...now I get a little tense. Undecided

After last year, I don't blame you.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post