Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
nnnnNNNNNNNNnnnnooooooOOOOOooo! We're supposed to get ANOTHER ice storm tomorrow. The ice will be on top of snow and they're predicting maybe an inch of ice. This will be the third big ice storm in about a month.

Grrrrrr Angry ------> Weeping

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-01-2017, 07:57 PM
(16-01-2017 07:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  nnnnNNNNNNNNnnnnooooooOOOOOooo! We're supposed to get ANOTHER ice storm tomorrow. The ice will be on top of snow and they're predicting maybe an inch of ice. This will be the third big ice storm in about a month.

I heard about that and thought of you.

I already told my oldest kid that if he can't catch a bus he just isn't going to school (if there is any -- haven't heard yet).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2017, 08:04 PM
(16-01-2017 07:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 07:47 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  nnnnNNNNNNNNnnnnooooooOOOOOooo! We're supposed to get ANOTHER ice storm tomorrow. The ice will be on top of snow and they're predicting maybe an inch of ice. This will be the third big ice storm in about a month.

I heard about that and thought of you.

I already told my oldest kid that if he can't catch a bus he just isn't going to school (if there is any -- haven't heard yet).

I really haven't been out of the house much in the last week. I'm getting cabin fever. Maybe the ice won't be that bad. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-01-2017, 08:04 PM

In January of 1982 I was living in what had been my grandparents' very old farmhouse. It was at the end of the road...no city or county maintenance or plowing. That January we were snowed in three weekends out of four. My husband at the time was stuck in town and I was at the house with a four year old, a six week old, and a new puppy. The last weekend the wind chill hit -70. My German Shepherd, who NEVER wanted to be inside begged to come in long before those temps hit....so I had a not housebroken moose of a dog in there with me too.

Two days after the third storm two friends came to the house on a snowmobile. One stayed with the kids and the other took me to town so I could get diapers and formula. That was when I decided I was leaving Iowa. I spent one other winter there in 1986 but that was it for me. I do NOT miss winter weather. I have learned to deal with sweltering heat to avoid that kind of crap.

I feel for you guys dealing with snow, and even worse, ice.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
16-01-2017, 09:08 PM
*Melts*

Is currently 40' C outside. Will be another couple of degrees hotter at work.

Thank deity for being on night shift.

Will be thinking hard how to give Banjo (As in not just get it there but make it WORK) small 'portable' air-con unit.

*Melts more*
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-01-2017, 12:12 AM
Ice and now they're saying wind and later flooding?

FML I'm over this damn weather.

I just want to move. Like yesterday.

17-01-2017, 01:33 AM
(16-01-2017 08:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

In January of 1982 I was living in what had been my grandparents' very old farmhouse. It was at the end of the road...no city or county maintenance or plowing. That January we were snowed in three weekends out of four. My husband at the time was stuck in town and I was at the house with a four year old, a six week old, and a new puppy. The last weekend the wind chill hit -70. My German Shepherd, who NEVER wanted to be inside begged to come in long before those temps hit....so I had a not housebroken moose of a dog in there with me too.

Two days after the third storm two friends came to the house on a snowmobile. One stayed with the kids and the other took me to town so I could get diapers and formula. That was when I decided I was leaving Iowa. I spent one other winter there in 1986 but that was it for me. I do NOT miss winter weather. I have learned to deal with sweltering heat to avoid that kind of crap.

I feel for you guys dealing with snow, and even worse, ice.

The only reason I left Southern California and moved back up here is because I had to. Dodgy
17-01-2017, 07:46 AM
Ice storm happening here as I type this. Supposed to meet a friend today to help him create a website. He's coming from abt 60 kilometers away on ice-rink roads. Meeting will probably be cancelled.

I've been through 57 winters. Enough is enough.

Looking at properties in Barbados, Guadelope and Costa Rica. Srsly.
17-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Our temperatures are above freezing so our threat of an ice storm has diminished. Now I just want some nice warm rain to wash away all the remaining ice on our street. I really need to get to Costco since we're now officially out of toilet paper.

That said I'm pretty confident there will be school tomorrow and soon we'll get the bad news on the revised school schedule. Undecided

17-01-2017, 03:08 PM
We had another ice storm Sunday night through this morning (at least the third one this winter, spaced about a week apart). I took the bus to work, and every time we stopped to pick up, the bus driver was telling all the kids at the bus stop to go home, because Madison public schools were all closed today (a lot of kids use the city bus to get to school). When I got to work, I mentioned that to a few people, and they said they had taken their kids to school and the schools were open! So I got on the internet to check, and there are some schools closed (mostly private and rural), but Madison public schools are not among them. Oops! I hope that bus driver doesn't get in trouble.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post