Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
It's dropping into the 40's at night here in Phoenix. Once or twice my heat actually came on.

I could have stayed in NY for this shit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
17-01-2017, 03:22 PM
(17-01-2017 03:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Our temperatures are above freezing so our threat of an ice storm has diminished. Now I just want some nice warm rain to wash away all the remaining ice on our street. I really need to get to Costco since we're now officially out of toilet paper.

That said I'm pretty confident there will be school tomorrow and soon we'll get the bad news on the revised school schedule. Undecided

So I just got back from the store. We were out of bread, milk and other stuff and just as I walked in the door the ice rain cometh. We're at about 29 F.

Ice rain is interesting. Each drop is clear so it's very hard to see until it comes down heavily. I can see it. It's coming down heavy now.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-01-2017, 03:28 PM
(17-01-2017 03:22 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 03:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Our temperatures are above freezing so our threat of an ice storm has diminished. Now I just want some nice warm rain to wash away all the remaining ice on our street. I really need to get to Costco since we're now officially out of toilet paper.

That said I'm pretty confident there will be school tomorrow and soon we'll get the bad news on the revised school schedule. Undecided

So I just got back from the store. We were out of bread, milk and other stuff and just as I walked in the door the ice rain cometh. We're at about 29 F.

Ice rain is interesting. Each drop is clear so it's very hard to see until it comes down heavily. I can see it. It's coming down heavy now.

We're at just around 33, so hopefully it won't drop (it's possible I guess). Yeah, we're out of nearly everything too. Today is my kid's birthday and I've got really nothing to cook special. I've got some stuffed chicken breasts (they're premade, frozen things) and I'll make mashed potatoes and some sort of veg.

Oh crap, I should make brownie for dessert.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-01-2017, 06:28 PM
(17-01-2017 03:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-01-2017 03:22 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So I just got back from the store. We were out of bread, milk and other stuff and just as I walked in the door the ice rain cometh. We're at about 29 F.

We're at just around 33, so hopefully it won't drop (it's possible I guess). Yeah, we're out of nearly everything too. Today is my kid's birthday and I've got really nothing to cook special. I've got some stuffed chicken breasts (they're premade, frozen things) and I'll make mashed potatoes and some sort of veg.

Oh crap, I should make brownie for dessert.

Aw, tell your kid that a stranger on the internet said Happy Birthday Big Grin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Hi,

The temp won't kick above 10degrees (average) until the end of April. I have two motorcycles in the garage. Sadcryface2

The only thing I like better than riding is drinking bourbon. My liver won't stand it.

D.
21-01-2017, 05:11 PM
It's too warm here. A thaw in January is not supposed to last 2 weeks and go to 60°+.

This kind of crazy warm weather last year damaged the apple crop and killed the peach crop. There were zero local peaches.

Explanation: Early warmth (especially February) fools the trees into budding and those buds die when winter returns. No buds, no fruit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2017, 05:26 PM
Warm here today - mid 60s though quite dreary out.

The bad thing about not getting an extended freeze is that the bugs don't get thinned out.

And because of the hot - cold- hot - cold here certain trees keep thinking it's time to pollinate and of course it's the ones that cause allergic reactions...it's so bad they have even announced it on the radio. No wonder I can't get my sinuses right. Angry

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
21-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Good grief...no rain forecast...to the front of the house blue skies as the sun was going down...to the back of the house black clouds and thunder, wind, and rain.

We have multiple 'weathers' going on at once. sigh

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-01-2017, 12:42 AM
It's so foggy out it looks like a scene from a Zombie Apocalypse movie.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
07-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Watching the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen. They're more like snowclumps. Seriously, it looks like some of them are 3-4" in diameter.