Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2014, 08:15 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(19-11-2014 08:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 07:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Unsure I have a feeling this is going to be a baaaaad winter Undecided

pictures of the snow in NY

No....there is no global warming...really....

Right? Takes some extreme denial to not realize it.

Oops! Unsure I mean... Of course global warming is a hoax, look at all this snow, where's all this "warming" you keep going on about Hobo

Facepalm

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
19-11-2014, 09:14 PM
It's slightly less-warm currently.

[Image: oscar.png]
20-11-2014, 04:05 PM
It's 62 today... Not as cold as it has been, but definitely not what I'm used to.
20-11-2014, 04:10 PM
It's cold and gray. I hate them both.
20-11-2014, 04:25 PM
(20-11-2014 04:10 PM)pablo Wrote:  It's cold and gray. I hate them both.

Better than face-meltingly hot and obnoxiously bright. Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-11-2014, 04:28 PM
(20-11-2014 04:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-11-2014 04:10 PM)pablo Wrote:  It's cold and gray. I hate them both.

Better than face-meltingly hot and obnoxiously bright. Drinking Beverage

Nope, to me it's easier to cool off than warm up.
I have shades too. Cool
20-11-2014, 04:33 PM
(20-11-2014 04:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(20-11-2014 04:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Better than face-meltingly hot and obnoxiously bright. Drinking Beverage

Nope, to me it's easier to cool off than warm up.
I have shades too. Cool

I disagree.

I have found it is far easier to maintain heat in a relatively low temperature environment than it is to remain cool in an environment of relatively high temperature.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
20-11-2014, 04:38 PM
(20-11-2014 04:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-11-2014 04:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  Nope, to me it's easier to cool off than warm up.
I have shades too. Cool

I disagree.

I have found it is far easier to maintain heat in a relatively low temperature environment than it is to remain cool in an environment of relatively high temperature.

To each his own. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-11-2014, 04:42 PM
(20-11-2014 04:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(20-11-2014 04:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I disagree.

I am tempted to pursue simply on the ground that this is the internet... Consider

Eh... I am falling behind on my XCOM and I ought to be shopping again...
On a related note: Food is too fuckin' expensive.
And to shift back: At least least the walk to the shops will be tolerable: currently resting it a nice, cool 17 degrees with a hint of cloud cover.

20-11-2014, 05:27 PM
(20-11-2014 04:38 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(20-11-2014 04:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I disagree.

It would depend on how extreme the extreme heat or cold is. Around here (southern Wisconsin), the most extreme I've seen is:

(1) On the hot end: 100 degrees F. with 90% humidity;

(2) On the cold end: -30 degrees F. with 30-40 mph wind.

The only way to be comfortable in either of those conditions is to not be outside. However, I can approach some degree of comfort in the cold extreme by wearing appropriate clothing. There's absolutely nothing I can do to be comfortable in the hot extreme. On the other hand, if I have to be outside without protective clothing, the hot extreme will only make me uncomfortable, whereas the cold extreme will kill me, and rather quickly. So there is that.

This week we have been having highs in the teens and lows in the single digits. Tomorrow morning it's supposed to be around 0. This makes my morning commutes (on a bicycle) "interesting". However, I am thankful that we don't have 6 feet of snow (with several more feet coming) like Buffalo, NY.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post