Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
Back to griping:
Last night all the passes across the Washington Cascades were shut down due to avalanches, trees, water, debris on the road. It is 130 miles home the direct route, but I had to drive 370 miles, down to the Columbia gorge, downriver to Portland, and back up to home. Left school at 4 and got home at 11.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 12:44 PM
(10-02-2017 12:35 PM)skyking Wrote:  Back to griping:
Last night all the passes across the Washington Cascades were shut down due to avalanches, trees, water, debris on the road. It is 130 miles home the direct route, but I had to drive 370 miles, down to the Columbia gorge, downriver to Portland, and back up to home. Left school at 4 and got home at 11.

Screw that - stay home! Sadcryface

Moms will write you a note. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-02-2017, 12:56 PM
That was to get home! It was worth it just for the good night's sleep, and I have two doctor's appointments today.
10-02-2017, 10:57 PM
It's bloody hot!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-02-2017, 12:16 AM
Thursday when I left for work it was 34 degrees with a wind chill lower than that...tomorrow it's supposed to be 82, which probably translates to 87 or higher.

Good grief. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
11-02-2017, 08:21 AM
It's so humid (90%) that the kitchen floor tiles feel damp.

It just doesn't seem right to have to run the AC in February but since they are now predicting the high to be 85 it's probably going to happen. By Monday night we are to be down in the 40s. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
11-02-2017, 03:10 PM
(11-02-2017 08:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's so humid (90%) that the kitchen floor tiles feel damp.

It just doesn't seem right to have to run the AC in February but since they are now predicting the high to be 85 it's probably going to happen. By Monday night we are to be down in the 40s. Facepalm

I just got back from a trip to Blue Springs to pick up some shizzle. It's 70 friggin degrees! In February! In KANSAS CITY! Ohmy I normally wouldn't complain about such a thing, but I'm wary this heralds the end times. Tomorrow I'll wake up to 6 feet of snow, ur somethin! Confused

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-02-2017, 05:06 PM
(11-02-2017 03:10 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I just got back from a trip to Blue Springs to pick up some shizzle. It's 70 friggin degrees! In February! In KANSAS CITY! Ohmy I normally wouldn't complain about such a thing, but I'm wary this heralds the end times. Tomorrow I'll wake up to 6 feet of snow, ur somethin! Confused

Yep - Kansas - I actually kind of expect it to snow tomorrow. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-02-2017, 05:15 PM
30C at 10.15 am.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-02-2017, 05:22 PM
(11-02-2017 05:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  30C at 10.15 am.

Yeah, but it's supposed to be that hot on your side of the world, right now! Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post