Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
Windy as shit - nothing unusual about that.
I can only hope it red flags the area from burning.
Last night the smoke was really bad. I didn't even have my house windows open - I just worked & drove around in it for a little over an hour.
My throat & nose burned all night long. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Temps near 90 today...I figure by July and August the temps will be around 150. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-03-2017, 10:58 AM
We're still without power. So is Bates City, and Oak Grove. I had to look up KMBC.com on my phone to discover their storm chasers had sighted a tornado touching down in the outskirts of Grain Valley, and proceeding east, almost parallel with I-70, through Oak Grove and into the outer edges of Bates City. They've cordoned off Oak Grove; can't drive through, so people living out in the sticks have to make massive detours around the city, cuz there's power lines down all over the place. We had to turn around because the poles had been snapped off, and were on the road. Jumbled wires everywhere. It's 50F out, at least.

07-03-2017, 11:04 AM
Yesterday we had a wintry mix of rain and snow. It's freaking cold out too. None of the trees are blooming yet either, last year we were nearly done with the blossoms by this time.

Wild and strange weather continues I guess

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Someone told me there's a big yellow thingy up in the sky and it's warm and sunny. I'm pretty skeptical. Dodgy

I'm sick of this damned rain. My potted plants froze over the winter and I think they're a-gonner. Two of my pots broke in one of the ice storms. Grrrrr. Griping about the weather....yup!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-03-2017, 11:29 AM
(07-03-2017 10:58 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  We're still without power. So is Bates City, and Oak Grove. I had to look up KMBC.com on my phone to discover their storm chasers had sighted a tornado touching down in the outskirts of Grain Valley, and proceeding east, almost parallel with I-70, through Oak Grove and into the outer edges of Bates City. They've cordoned off Oak Grove; can't drive through, so people living out in the sticks have to make massive detours around the city, cuz there's power lines down all over the place. We had to turn around because the poles had been snapped off, and were on the road. Jumbled wires everywhere. It's 50F out, at least.

Yikes. Stay safe!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
07-03-2017, 11:53 AM
(07-03-2017 11:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Someone told me there's a big yellow thingy up in the sky and it's warm and sunny. I'm pretty skeptical. Dodgy

I'm sick of this damned rain. My potted plants froze over the winter and I think they're a-gonner. Two of my pots broke in one of the ice storms. Grrrrr. Griping about the weather....yup!

I heard about that too...I'm not sure I believe it either.

Yeah, tired of the rain and yuck. We lost a large pot too...I'm kinda bummed about that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-03-2017, 12:25 PM
The weather is surprisingly okay here in Winnipeg, except for one thing: It's weirding me out. Headline: Winnipeg dodges storm bullet that hammers most of Manitoba. We are literally surrounded by nasty storms, and it's bright and sunny in the middle of the city. Shocking

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2017, 12:40 PM
Wind.
Again.
Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-03-2017, 01:49 PM
(23-02-2017 12:59 PM)kim Wrote:  Windy as shit - nothing unusual about that.
I can only hope it red flags the area from burning.
Last night the smoke was really bad. I didn't even have my house windows open - I just worked & drove around in it for a little over an hour.
My throat & nose burned all night long. Undecided

Undecided Sorry. Hope you're feeling better today.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post