Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
I knew it was too good to last. Snow and wind finally shown up and the temperature has dropped to -11°C.

Speaking of storms that go to 11, apparently last night the temperature in the city dropped by 11°C in one hour, there was a thunderstorm watch in effect, and we nearly broke the record for lowest barometric pressure in March. I should have suspected something weird was going on when I came out of my clarinet lesson at 6:15 yesterday evening and the temperature had gone up 3 degrees to +7. Apparently the weather was backing up to take a running start.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
08-03-2017, 12:00 PM
We don't have Atreja's snow and cold, but wind is gusting between 40mph and 50mph through 7pm according to projections for today. It may be well illustrated by this exchange in my 101 class just now:

Me: What's that noise, are they playing musical chairs in the room above us or something?
Student in the first row: Uh, Dr. [Hulud], that's the wind outside.
Me: ...holy crap. Guess we're still getting those 50 mile per hour gusts then?
Different student: There's a tanker overturned on highway (I forget the number).

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
08-03-2017, 12:06 PM
Hmm... a nice day.
Unsure

Somehow... I'm compelled to think it's not going to be a lasting thing. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-03-2017, 12:09 PM
(08-03-2017 12:00 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  We don't have Atreja's snow and cold, but wind is gusting between 40mph and 50mph through 7pm according to projections for today. It may be well illustrated by this exchange in my 101 class just now:

Me: What's that noise, are they playing musical chairs in the room above us or something?
Different student: There's a tanker overturned on highway (I forget the number).

Damn wind broke the frame of my bedroom window last night. I noticed when I woke up that the blinds were moving every time the wind gusted. The window opens and closes with a metal crank, but now the crank only turns the bottom piece of the frame. The rest is broken away and just stays put (about 2 inches open). I called the landlord, and now I'm just hoping they get it fixed before the next rain.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-03-2017, 12:24 PM
*grumble grumble* rain is never ending.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-03-2017, 02:15 PM
(08-03-2017 12:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 12:00 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  We don't have Atreja's snow and cold, but wind is gusting between 40mph and 50mph through 7pm according to projections for today. It may be well illustrated by this exchange in my 101 class just now:

Damn wind broke the frame of my bedroom window last night. I noticed when I woke up that the blinds were moving every time the wind gusted. The window opens and closes with a metal crank, but now the crank only turns the bottom piece of the frame. The rest is broken away and just stays put (about 2 inches open). I called the landlord, and now I'm just hoping they get it fixed before the next rain.

Holy crap, I'm sorry!! That's awful. Sad Though can totally see how it happened with the wind being what it is right now. At least the 5-day forecast claims your part of the state doesn't expect rain or snow until Monday...so fingers crossed for your landlord to fix it by then!

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
11-03-2017, 11:57 AM
Tornado hits one day. The next it's 70F degrees. And today it's snowing! Blink
Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-03-2017, 12:06 PM
(11-03-2017 11:57 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Tornado hits one day. The next it's 70F degrees. And today it's snowing! Blink
Facepalm

Yep. Kansas.

I'm trying to hope the snow stays above I-70 but ... looks like I might be sweeping some white dust off my stairs & car.

But hey, Guley - it's only supposed to be for one day, right? Or so we're told. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-03-2017, 12:12 PM
(11-03-2017 11:57 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Tornado hits one day. The next it's 70F degrees. And today it's snowing! Blink
Facepalm

It sure is pretty though. At least it's calm, outside that is. Inside the boys are screaming and running all over the place. I can't complain though, they're having a good time and playing together. I'm whipping up some biscuits and sausage gravy with a side of bacon. A veritable pork smorgasbord. All is well.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
11-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Quote:If it ain't blizzard of 78, it ain't shit
~some local.

Tuesday's forecast in case you're wondering. On the rational side, fuck all that. On the other side, we need a new meme, so wtf?

See how it is? A coupla days on my religion, already wanna see people exterminated for my amusement. Laugh out load

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post