Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 12:20 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(11-03-2017 12:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 11:57 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Tornado hits one day. The next it's 70F degrees. And today it's snowing! Blink
Facepalm

It sure is pretty though. At least it's calm, outside that is. Inside the boys are screaming and running all over the place. I can't complain though, they're having a good time and playing together. I'm whipping up some biscuits and sausage gravy with a side of bacon. A veritable pork smorgasbord. All is well.

It's already started to stick, here, even though the freeze warnings for my area only just now officially began. Noon to 9 tonight. I hope kim's distrust of the weather person is unwarranted, tho. If it ain't thick enough to sled through, it ain't worth it Tongue and I just want clear roads.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
11-03-2017, 12:54 PM
(11-03-2017 12:20 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 12:12 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  It sure is pretty though. At least it's calm, outside that is. Inside the boys are screaming and running all over the place. I can't complain though, they're having a good time and playing together. I'm whipping up some biscuits and sausage gravy with a side of bacon. A veritable pork smorgasbord. All is well.

It's already started to stick, here, even though the freeze warnings for my area only just now officially began. Noon to 9 tonight. I hope kim's distrust of the weather person is unwarranted, tho. If it ain't thick enough to sled through, it ain't worth it Tongue and I just want clear roads.

Here it's sticking to the trees and grass but the roads aren't bad at all. The ground is too warm for it to affect the roads much, for as little snow as we're going to get. A couple weeks ago it snowed all day long and the roads were never more than just wet.
11-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Oooh ... the tiny ice balls are falling now. Luckily, I have my food supplies and enough entertainment to keep me from roaming the streets until it's all over. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-03-2017, 07:02 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2017 12:48 PM by Shai Hulud.)
I'm thinking my students won't show up in large numbers, snow is coming down fast and furious. Weather thing on tablet last night said, "light snow". We're at 3-5 inches, 9 more expected through tomorrow. Roads are absolute crap; saw a plow in a ditch on the way in. Edit: About 50%, mass text went out all classes after 5pm are canceled, lake effect snow warning in effect I guess from the one they all got during second section of 101.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Well, my location got only a bare dusting. Not unhappy about that at all. However ...

Angry
WIND.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-03-2017, 01:31 PM
And it's still raining.

*wanders off to do some laundry*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-03-2017, 01:32 PM
MORE

F*CKING

SNOW

Sadcryface2
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
23-03-2017, 06:42 PM
March 23rd of last year was when we got the first damaging hail storm...barely practice for the ass-kicking we got about two weeks later.

Guess what the forecast is for tomorrow...c'mon guess...

Thunderstorms, high winds, and.............hail.

Why the fuck not. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-03-2017, 05:09 PM
I am sick of Chicago weather! It is always so damn hot around here. We had hot weather in December. Then we have had damn near no snow at all this whole winter! And it is hardly been cold this winter. Today it got into the 80s! We never get break from the endless heat and humidity around here!
26-03-2017, 02:51 PM
It's still winter here. This is 6:33AM today - it was 25°F.

[Image: StillWinter20170326_001.JPG]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post