Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(20-07-2017 03:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  How much do mist tents cost? Hobo

Just the ammo.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-07-2017, 03:47 PM
(20-07-2017 03:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 03:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  How much do mist tents cost? Hobo

Just the ammo.

I was thinking of re-plumbing the sprinklers to just spray all over the place, with me in the center of it all on a poolside chaise lounge! Then I awoke from the daydream as I remembered I don't have a sprinkler system Weeping

22-07-2017, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2017 10:55 PM by evenheathen.)
Fucking storms won't come.

They come within viewing distance. I can see them, hear the thunder, see the lightning. The radar on my phone shows them on my doorstep but still no relief.

The rain finally started falling. Just a sprinkle, but it kept up. Became a rain. The air cooled and it's actually okay to be outside.

Been a solid slow soaking for over four hours now. We needed it.

Good rain.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-07-2017, 05:02 PM
I hate the summer with the passion of a thousand suns.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
27-07-2017, 05:07 PM
I know it's July in Texas...but dayam!

How about a day under triple digits...I don't trust the weather forecasters when they say 'cooler' weather is coming. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-07-2017, 01:28 AM
Griping about the weather thread
Ok well. Not really weather related. But nature related for sure. There is a Mountain Lion stalking my neighborhood. Several nights in a row, caught on security cams, pets missing. I heard her on my property two nights ago. My dogs barked but wouldn't go past the porch. (We have three wooded acres). I went out with my AR15 but never saw it. People are starting to freak. This thing is going to kill someone soon I can feel it. Scary especially having children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
28-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Yesterday the weatherman described Ottawa as the epicentre of misery, he said almost literally every bit of weather that has formed anywhere this year in North America seems to, at some point, pass over Ottawa...and he's never seen anything like it. We've had more rain so far this year (half way through it) then we get in an ENTIRE average year.

We've broken daily and monthly rain fall records ,I am not sure if we've broken the yearly record yet but we're close.

Weeping

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
14-08-2017, 05:34 AM
MSN says we are having light rain right now... Blink

I will be needing SCUBA gear to get to my car...light rain...noooooooooo...torrential downpour is more like it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-08-2017, 09:15 PM
It's been raining all day.

Why are waterproof normal people pants not commonly available and/or sold?!

I have a waterproof jacket. And a waterproof shield on a stick, but I don't have a goddamn pair of normal people waterproof pants. Everything the stick shield only protects so much... my pant legs are damp and this makes me uncomfortable.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.