Griping about the weather thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2017, 01:18 AM
RE: Griping about the weather thread
(20-11-2017 11:21 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  In Hawaii on vacation. It got down to 60 degrees this evening. I am not amused. Drinking Beverage

Which island?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2017, 04:13 AM
Below zero (celsius) with winds that bite to the bone. I wear an improvised burka in the mornings and endure terrorist jokes from my coworkers.
I love winter but the damn wind is ruining it.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
22-11-2017, 11:23 PM
(21-11-2017 01:18 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-11-2017 11:21 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  In Hawaii on vacation. It got down to 60 degrees this evening. I am not amused. Drinking Beverage

Which island?

Hawaii, was on Oahu. They are both wonderful. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
07-12-2017, 02:43 PM
I know this might sound ridiculously melodramatic but I’m starting to think hot humid weather has hindered my recovery from depression. It’s finally cooled down into 40’s and it feels so nice. All the windows wide open! I swear it’s like a fucking rebirth. AC is nice but it doesn’t have that rejuvenating feel as a little actual crispness.

I realize that 40 is balmy in some parts but I haven’t lived outside of the hell known as Florida for way too long.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
11-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Folks,

Must take the Thunderace on the road tomorrow, even at 1c. There is no choice; the bike has to live.

D.
12-12-2017, 03:26 PM
-17 C this morning. 20 cm of snow tonight with blowing and drifting. Then it turns to rain tomorrow and then the temperature drops and turns it into east coast concrete.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
17-12-2017, 05:04 AM
No rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, we need rain, no rain, no rain, washed my car...hours later...rain. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-12-2017, 03:59 PM
61F... raining... 72% humid...

I am cold and sad
17-12-2017, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2017 04:42 PM by Kaneda.)
(17-12-2017 05:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  No rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, we need rain, no rain, no rain, washed my car...hours later...rain. Facepalm

We could use some of that glorious rain about now. We've had some 270 days so far with virtually no rainfall and we're now at something like 4% humidity. In the dead of Winter.

17-12-2017, 05:27 PM
(17-12-2017 04:33 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  
(17-12-2017 05:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  No rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, no rain, we need rain, no rain, no rain, washed my car...hours later...rain. Facepalm

We could use some of that glorious rain about now. We've had some 270 days so far with virtually no rainfall and we're now at something like 4% humidity. In the dead of Winter.

We are happy to have gotten what we did, which wasn't much. But it was really just enough to make my car look crappy again. We seem to either get no rain or we get all the rain. sigh

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post