Gross Egocentricity.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2011, 10:41 PM
RE: Gross Egocentricity.
(12-12-2011 10:18 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  With your rampant ego and probing mind why not set up a new tax free religious cult?
I hear Erxomai is always looking for a gig.Rolleyes

Hamata already tried to recruit me as a minion, but the Benefits plan seemed lacking.

Funny you should bring this up, though. Can you imagine how hard it is to find a "real" job when you've spent as much time in school as a lawyer, but it turns out your degree is in superstitious mumbo-jumbo?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
13-12-2011, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2011 09:56 AM by Peterkin.)
And a lawyer's isn't? Or a business manager's... At least, once you get your own head sorted out, you can be a helpful counsellor to a great many people who have been similarly duped. What good is a deconverted lawyer or defrocked CEO?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
13-12-2011, 12:21 PM
(13-12-2011 09:52 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  And a lawyer's isn't? Or a business manager's... At least, once you get your own head sorted out, you can be a helpful counsellor to a great many people who have been similarly duped. What good is a deconverted lawyer or defrocked CEO?

Well, they do make more money, or at least have stolen a lot of money. Smile

But thanks, PK, this isn't the first time you've helped me steer my thinking away from self-pity, and I appreciate it.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-12-2011, 05:52 PM
No prob... it's an age thing. Ego is fine; it gets things done, but it's easy to lead into temptation. Always try to keep a little bit of superego free to step back (sometimes waaaay back) and look at things from a different vantage point.

[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
13-12-2011, 06:17 PM
(13-12-2011 12:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-12-2011 09:52 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  And a lawyer's isn't? Or a business manager's... At least, once you get your own head sorted out, you can be a helpful counsellor to a great many people who have been similarly duped. What good is a deconverted lawyer or defrocked CEO?

But thanks, PK, this isn't the first time you've helped me steer my thinking away from self-pity, and I appreciate it.

Perhaps a tad authoritarian at times but I too find Peterkin's posts DTE & helpfulShy
13-12-2011, 07:58 PM
(13-12-2011 06:17 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(13-12-2011 12:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Perhaps a tad authoritarian at times but I too find Peterkin's posts DTE & helpfulShy
Ooooo you're gonna be so in trouble for saying that!

~Izel
13-12-2011, 10:03 PM
(12-12-2011 10:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Funny you should bring this up, though. Can you imagine how hard it is to find a "real" job when you've spent as much time in school as a lawyer, but it turns out your degree is in superstitious mumbo-jumbo?

Write a book.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-12-2011, 10:28 PM
(13-12-2011 07:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-12-2011 06:17 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Perhaps a tad authoritarian at times but I too find Peterkin's posts DTE & helpfulShy

With whom? I don't have time anymore for imprecise language and humble opinions. I know it; don't care who else knows it.

[+] 1 user Likes Peterkin's post
13-12-2011, 11:19 PM
(13-12-2011 10:28 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  
(13-12-2011 06:17 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Perhaps a tad authoritarian at times but I too find Peterkin's posts DTE & helpfulShy

With whom? I don't have time anymore for imprecise language and humble opinions. I know it; don't care who else knows it.

Just teasin' because he said "tad authoritarian". I don't see it, but wanted to get a friendly jab in at Woof. Smile

~Izel
15-12-2011, 01:06 AM
(13-12-2011 10:28 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  

I know I'm ever so umble; just like Dicken's Uriah Heap!