Grow Intellectually

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2013, 12:34 PM
RE: Grow Intellectually
(31-08-2013 10:42 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 10:29 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  John, somebody stole your video.

Rev and Spiral have earned it. Eo vos absolvo.

Thumbsup

(certain other whinypants don't get absolved yet)

Lol thanks but I didn't even know it was 'your thing.' I just assumed it was a meme that I missed.

I'll go back to offering to mail trolls boxes of fecal matter.

Also post #1000 *****es!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2013, 12:45 PM
(31-08-2013 12:34 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 10:42 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Rev and Spiral have earned it. Eo vos absolvo.

Thumbsup

(certain other whinypants don't get absolved yet)

Lol thanks but I didn't even know it was 'your thing.' I just assumed it was a meme that I missed.

I'll go back to offering to mail trolls boxes of fecal matter.

Also post #1000 *****es!

Gratz on 1k RTS.

As to the vid who posted it first me or cjlr? Been long enough I can't remember which probably means it was John.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
31-08-2013, 12:53 PM
This is how atheist "dogma" works. Visible light is composed of all the frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum that are detectable by the rod and cone cells of our eyes. This corresponds to wavelengths of about 390 to 700 nm. We know this because of careful detailed observations and studies of the world in which we live. It's a bit more complicated than that, spanning centuries of scientific inquiry, but that's a small jest.

Take this small concept, and expand it to all of reality as we can observe it. This is not atheist dogma. It's is observations of reality. This "dogma" is simply reality, things as they are...that is not dogma anymore than you saying the sky is blue is dogma. It's just an observation of reality. Atheist have no dogma.

Anything outside of our ability to observe ("God") is not bothered with, as we cannot observe it. There are infinite things that have yet to be made up for which we don't bother with because no one has yet made them up. Simply because there are somethings that people have made up, doesn't mean that they are worth pondering.

I could make up a "bluefootted-jabberwabbled-tukernail" and give you loads of information about it that I also make up. But unless I can demonstrated it's existence in some sort of real sense, other than I wrote a book about it, no one is required to either believe or state their disbelief in it. It can be ignored.

Like the "bluefooted-jabberwabbled-tukernail" that I made up, I also don't bother with "God" who some people made up thousands of years ago. They documented the process of making "him" up. It's called the bible. I don't have to explain my reasons for not believing something for which there is no evidence for, anymore than you have to explain your reason for not believing in my "bluefooted-jabberwabbled-tukernail".

However, if my made up "bluefooted-jabberwabbled-tukernail" had been described as being the earth it's self which is really a white dwarf star and it lives in a bird cage on my desk but looks like a miniature dragon but with tree bark for skin, then using you're observation powers of reality you could dismiss my claim of a "bluefooted-jabberwabbled-tukernail" based on it's not matching observations of actual reality.

Atheist have no dogma, only observations of reality, but even that does not define atheist. Atheist simply don't believe in "God" or gods, that's all an atheist is. They don't have to even reject them, just not believe in them. That's not dogma any more than you have some anti-intellectual dogmatic view of the great "bluefooted-jabberwabbled-tukernail". There seems to be enough miss match between "God" and reality that I choice to side with reality because at least reality is observable, where as "God" not only is not, "he" seems demonstrably not real.

Could "God" still be real? Sure, but that would mean reality would not be. Far more problematic to change all of observable reality for one unobserved thing, then to accept all of reality and not be bothered with the unobserved thing.

And when I say unobservable, keep in mind, I'm not limiting myself to what can be seen with the eyes, but what can be observed at large. From the make up of atoms, it's placement of electrons, to black holes, the gravity and mass of distance galaxy clusters, or a bird on a tree branch. Even if "God" can't be seen, (based on the bible that's not true) then "God" should still be observable in someway. "He" does not seem to be (which contradicts the bible right there), and his story is not compatible with those things that are observable.

No dogma, just views of reality.

[+] 5 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
31-08-2013, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2013 02:15 PM by cjlr.)
(31-08-2013 12:34 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Lol thanks but I didn't even know it was 'your thing.' I just assumed it was a meme that I missed.

(31-08-2013 12:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  As to the vid who posted it first me or cjlr? Been long enough I can't remember which probably means it was John.

As far as I can recall I was the first one to post that here.

You're welcome.
Cool

EDIT:
I checked. First posted by me back in June. Deployed 20 times since then, with the plurality involving I and I.

... this is my signature!
31-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Re: Grow Intellectually
This guy is trolling with creating threads on the same topics over and over with minimal response. Bout time to just cease response

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-08-2013, 05:53 PM
(31-08-2013 10:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Agnostics are fucktard idiots.

Have to say I agree.. though I wouldn't put it like that. People should just make their fuckin' minds up.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
31-08-2013, 06:03 PM
(31-08-2013 05:53 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 10:25 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Agnostics are fucktard idiots.

Have to say I agree.. though I wouldn't put it like that. People should just make their fuckin' minds up.

I'm an agnostic atheist, about 6.99 on the Dawkins Scale.

And 'Muffs is a fuckwad. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-08-2013, 06:09 PM
(31-08-2013 07:24 AM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  There is a God. There is no God. No matter which of the preceding statements you believe in, I respect your beliefs. But as a Rationalist and an Agnostic I have intellectually evolved past both Theism and Atheism. I am aware, as the Buddhists have been aware for centuries, that the nature of God is unknowable. I invite both the Theists and the Atheists to grow intellectually, to expand your consciousness, to get past your Dogma and your Faith. Rationalism, Agnosticism and Buddhism are the only true non-religions. To the Theists and Atheists who cannot let go of their beliefs, I would like to close with 2 quotes from my favorite Philosopher - Bertrand Russell:
"What is not needed is the will to believe but the need to doubt" - "You should be skeptical of everything including yourself"

You sound like the kind of person that I would see at a whole goods store in a pot shirt and hemp sandals.

I don't think being above the controversy (or so you say) makes you better than anyone else. It just seems to me that you're an incredibly pretentious individual.

Let me guess who you are based upon your words

You most likely...

Write terrible poetry.

Post your terrible poetry on facebook to show others how intellectually superior you are.

Are a vegetarian.

Don't care for politics because you view it as pointless because we should just all own a prius then we will all be enlightened as you are.

Think about deep things at night, and when you make some sort of intellectual/emotional discovery you immediately tell everyone over facebook.

Listen to binaural beats.

Believe in chakras and auras.

Think you are psychic .

Have been to an occupy (insert place here) protest.

I've seen a lot of people like you on the internet, those who think that because they are not religious nor an atheist somehow makes them intellectually superior to both groups.
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
31-08-2013, 06:15 PM
(31-08-2013 06:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 05:53 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Have to say I agree.. though I wouldn't put it like that. People should just make their fuckin' minds up.

I'm an agnostic atheist, about 6.99 on the Dawkins Scale.

Well, putting it like that, I'm an agnostic atheist as well, in that I wouldn't rule the idea of God out completely. But I seriously doubt his existence...

But those who say, there's no proof either way, and so can't decide one way or the other, piss me off no end.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
31-08-2013, 06:17 PM
(31-08-2013 06:15 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  
(31-08-2013 06:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm an agnostic atheist, about 6.99 on the Dawkins Scale.

Well, putting it like that, I'm an agnostic atheist as well, in that I wouldn't rule the idea of God out completely. But I seriously doubt his existence...

But those who say, there's no proof either way, and so can't decide one way or the other, piss me off no end.

Yes. It ain't 50/50. Not even close.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]