Grow a beard, and save your own life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Grow a beard, and save your own life!
Okay, maybe the effects are not that extreme but still. Beards are beneficial says some of the latest research (who knew you could research such awesome topics?).

Men, do you have a beard? No?!!! Well you better start investing in your facial garden if you want to look more handsome, have healthier skin, and even improve your yearly allergy issues. That's right, beards can make you look younger, more handsome, prevent sun damage, and can keep allergens from reaching your lungs. Your beard may literally save your life!

http://www.newnownext.com/beards-keep-yo...e/02/2013/

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
26-02-2013, 03:55 PM
RE: Grow a beard, and save your own life!
Interested read TBD. Unfortunately I cannot grow a beard worth a damn, wish to hell I could, but it was not meant to be. Aside from being required to shave my face at least a couple a times a month as a consequence of being a reservist the best I could muster would be a scraggly looking goatee. My moustache grows in on the thin side, and very blond, the facial hair on my checks is very sparse, and for some damn reason my sideburns do not quite connect to the hair on my head. My wife actually likes me with my goatee, but it takes me about two and a half to three weeks to grow one that looks decent and with my monthly shaving requirement it just isn't worth it. Sucks for me.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
26-02-2013, 06:03 PM
My lovely wife won't let me shave mine off. So either 1) she thinks I look irrestible with it or 2) It hides my face so she can bear to look at me. Consider

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post
27-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Good thing I never completely shave mine. Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-02-2013, 01:40 AM
In France where I live, when a man suddenly grows a beard it means he's given up on pork and also changed his first name to something Middle Eastern.
[+] 4 users Like Thanh's post
27-02-2013, 02:36 AM
You call that a beard?

(Mine is going along with the hair and one eyebrow in March)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
27-02-2013, 04:49 AM
Yay, my beard wins Smartass

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
27-02-2013, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 05:17 AM by Luminon.)
I grow Heron's beard . Does that count? Big Grin

But seriously, I could grow a mighty Hungarian mustache but I was born in a wrong century and wrong country. And I'd say my other facial hair isn't quite the pattern I'd need. Good quality, but in wrong places. I guess I'd look like something from the age of kings when they had two-pointed beards or something. T'was the experimenting period. Thankfully, almost all my photographs from that era are either destroyed, or defaced.

These years I go with mostly stubble and I think that's going to last for the end of my life. Some scientific studies praising the health and sexual benefits of stubble face are bound to appear sooner or later.

27-02-2013, 06:49 AM
(27-02-2013 05:12 AM)Luminon Wrote:  These years I go with mostly stubble and I think that's going to last for the end of my life. Some pseudo-scientific studies praising the health and sexual benefits of stubble face are bound to appear sooner or later.
Fixed.

[Image: half-troll-face.png]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
27-02-2013, 09:44 AM
(26-02-2013 06:03 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  My lovely wife won't let me shave mine off. So either 1) she thinks I look irrestible with it or 2) It hides my face so she can bear to look at me. Consider
I love beards and I approve this hilarious message.

Grow dem beards, men (if you can)!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]