Growing doubts about the possibility of a future.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2011, 07:04 PM
RE: Growing doubts about the possibility of a future.
(07-07-2011 07:34 AM)Maskelyne Wrote:  
(07-07-2011 06:31 AM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:   Air Reserve Command

I imagine the ASVAB isn't as easy as the sample questions make it appear?

It actually is, or at least it was 30 years ago when I took it. It's the time constraint that is the limiting factor. Only had a few seconds for each math question. Easy to make a mistake or not finish.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2011, 10:05 PM

As far as the upper-body strength goes I think you'd be fine without a gym. If you have a place to do pullups, then you can train your entire upper-body easily. Is there anything more to the fitness test besides pushups, grip strength, and situps? And is the grip test hanging on a bar as long as possible?
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2011, 10:53 PM
(08-07-2011 10:05 PM)Zach Wrote:  is the grip test hanging on a bar as long as possible?

It depends on who does the test, sometimes the medics at the local naval base do it, sometimes they get instructors at local gyms to do it.
Mine was just a cardio examination, sit ups, push ups, then the grip test.
They use a hand-scale to determine your grip strength. Which is pretty good because I guarantee I would not get in if it was hanging from a bar for a set amount of time.
My grip strength was 66, and the minimum combined hand strength required is 75.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Well, there are a number of ways to improve your grip strength. Pullups, deadlifts, and anything that involves carrying heavy objects would help. There are also those hand grippers. I would suggest finding a place to do pullups or chinups, and if you can get one of those grippers that would definitely help but it isn't necessary. Just make sure it actually provides some resistance, if you can do it 50 times then it isn't going to make you much stronger.

I'm assuming that numbers you gave me are pounds of force. If you buy a hand gripper it should say how much resistance it provides, so you'll have an idea of how strong you are compared to the passing level.
Quote this message in a reply